How to change the "from" email address?

Reviving an old thread here - thanks Brent for linking to the archived suggestion

Whats the best method to have this added as a feature?
Go the the feedback site.

@zEitEr: Thank you, but that does not help, that is already set to an existing email address.

@Richard8 It look like it's already going wrong server side.

Have a look at these headers, mostly the last part:
Code:
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: from server.servername.nl
    by server.servername.nl with LMTP
    id wP8lHyJTIl1oDQAAHpO1Kg
    (envelope-from <[email protected]>)
    for <[email protected]>; Sun, 07 Jul 2019 22:16:34 +0200
Return-path: <[email protected]>
Envelope-to: [email protected]
Delivery-date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 22:16:34 +0200
Received: from diradmin by server.servername.nl with local (Exim 4.92)
    (envelope-from <[email protected]>)
    id 1hkDaM-0001jm-6A
    for [email protected]; Sun, 07 Jul 2019 22:16:34 +0200
To: [email protected]
Sender: accountname <[email protected]>
Reply-To: accountname <[email protected]>
X-DirectAdmin-Sender: accountname

So my e-mail address is present, but since my accountname is mentioned at first in the headers, the email client (in this case outlook 2013) is using the accountname instead of the email address.
If I open the mail it will indeed say accountname <[email protected]> but it should not read my accountname to begin with.

@Peter Laws: I'm using a reseller account but do have admin access to the server. I'm using SPF and DKIM and never had issues with sending mail to Gmail.
Hey Richard,
Were you able to resolve this issue? I think that I have the same issue?

Were you able to resolve this issue? I think that I have the same issue?
Yes, if you have read the thread, you would have seen it's solution in post #15.

It's refering to this post where you can change the name in the "view user data" section.

Yes, if you have read the thread, you would have seen it's solution in post #15.

It's refering to this post where you can change the name in the "view user data" section.
I was not able to find the "view user data" with admin. But I was able to find those two instructions:
If the return path does not match the envelop-from it can be blocked by some mail servers. Since there is no easy way to re-sent the da notification it can only be tested by sending a message from the da message system.

I was not able to find the "view user data" with admin.
It's just where you view the users information. Click the list all users and then select a certain user and click on it, for example admin.
I don't have any issues sending to any system which the DA notification uses.

I don't use Evo Skin.
For admin I just changed the admin e-mail.
As for the name, I used the solution mentioned.

You can find it here, probably also with Evo. This is an example
https://yourdomain.com:2222/CMD_SHOW_USER?user=accountname
where accountname can also be admin, or a user or a reseller.

You could use the first link and change the return path to your admin e-mail address and then they probably match.
However, I never had to do something like that. For me it only was about the name I wanted to change, which could be easily done in the user overview when you select a user.

Back