[How-To] Exim + Dovecot + Sieve + Roundcube + ManageSieve

Updating...

I found out that my sieve rules are in fact working. They just don't work for the default domain in my DirectAdmin Server. All other users (domains) do get to see the rules.

What do you mean under "the default domain in DirectAdmin Server"? Which domain is that? Hostname?

It should be worth mentioning that on systems running CloudLinux the lines:
Code:
info_log_path = ...
log_path = ...

should be commented out because lda/sieve processes run as user in isolated CageFS and will quit with Permission denied error.

Hey!

No matter whether I download the source or use custombuild always attempt installation ends with this error:
Code:
/bin/sh ../../../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../..  -I/usr/include/dovecot   -DMODULEDIR=\""/usr/lib/dovecot"\"   -std=gnu99 -g -O2 -Wall -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wpointer-arith -Wchar-subscripts -Wformat=2 -Wbad-function-cast -fno-builtin-strftime -Wstrict-aliasing=2  -I../../.. -MT edit-mail.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/edit-mail.Tpo -c -o edit-mail.lo edit-mail.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../.. -I/usr/include/dovecot -DMODULEDIR=\"/usr/lib/dovecot\" -std=gnu99 -g -O2 -Wall -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wpointer-arith -Wchar-subscripts -Wformat=2 -Wbad-function-cast -fno-builtin-strftime -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -I../../.. -MT edit-mail.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/edit-mail.Tpo -c edit-mail.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/edit-mail.o
edit-mail.c: In function 'edit_mail_set_cache_corrupted_reason':
edit-mail.c:1668:20: error: 'struct mail_vfuncs' has no member named 'set_cache_corrupted_reason'
edit-mail.c: At top level:
edit-mail.c:1708:1: warning: excess elements in struct initializer [enabled by default]
edit-mail.c:1708:1: warning: (near initialization for 'edit_mail_vfuncs') [enabled by default]
make[4]: *** [edit-mail.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole-0.4.13/src/lib-sieve/util'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole-0.4.13/src/lib-sieve'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole-0.4.13/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole-0.4.13'
make: *** [all] Error 2

DirectAdmin 1.50.0
Custombuild 2.0.0 (rev: 1528)
dovecot 2.2.21 (5345f22) with SpamAssasin, SpamBlocker and DKIM
Exim 4.86.2
Debian 7.9

I'm stuck. Any tips?

* * * WARNING! Custombuild 2.0 now supports Sieve/pigeonhole * * *
* * * Don't follow this guide with CustomBuild 2.0 on your server. * * *

Is there a way to set filters (vacation message) to disable itself on a specific date (From date, to date?) or should we need to use Email level plugin for that?

Can anyone explain to me why Roundcube with DA doesnt already have an option to set up vacation message inside it?
We have users that complain that they cannot set it up inside. I know the email level plugin exists and i cannot find any roundcube plugin that would do that.
It seems like newer versions of Roundcube support that by default (judging by their screenshot of settings where i can see "Vacation" setting: https://roundcube.net/images/screens/settings.jpg)

I am guessing this is a different version of Roundcube (set up specifically for directadmin) but is this something that can be done or not?

John?

Thanks

OK, I see what you mean:

Code:
// Enables separate management interface for vacation responses (out-of-office)
// 0 - no separate section (default),
// 1 - add Vacation section,
// 2 - add Vacation section, but hide Filters section
$config['managesieve_vacation'] = 0;

it's 0 as you see, so change /var/www/html/roundcube/plugins/managesieve/config.inc.php and copy it per guide https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=365

Can anyone explain to me why Roundcube with DA doesnt already have an option to set up vacation message inside it?

1. It requires managesieve to be enable in Dovecot, which is OFF by default.
2. Directadmin has it's own implementation of this.

These two reasons come to my mind...

Thanks - thats awsome to know it exists! Never saw that!

Regarding the custom config - if i understood, we create "/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/roundcube/plugins/managesieve" and copy config.inc.php into it?

Why this is not default installed?
In cpanel we have option to filter emails to folders here in directadmin not :(

Last edited:
Already find but what to install?

Shows pigeonhole21, pigeonhole22, pigeonhole23, etc...

Back