How to find official resellers?

jayw1

Verified User
Hi,

I'm looking for a new VPS and https://servercheap.net/ looks good to me.
On the order form, they offer DirectAdmin at $5 a month. How can they afford to do this? Is it legit?

It is legit for them to resell DirectAdmin to you if it is an internal license (only on their network) and is bundled with a vps.

Legit resellers who do that can afford to do it as they often have an agreement with DirectAdmin for discounted licensing.

See the following from the DirectAdmin website:

Internal Licenses Internal licenses are available to dedicated server providers or dedicated server resellers only. Web hosting companies must pay the above rates. Please contact us with a proof that your company is selling dedicated servers. The special pricing for your Client Area will be enabled after approval.

Buying from a Reseller? You do not own a license unless you have purchased it through our directadmin.com website. Note that our terms and conditions do not allow license reselling unless you are leasing it from a server provider with a server. If you do not receive a server with your license payment to the Reseller, then your license violates our terms and conditions. Only the owner of the license with a valid clients login can modify a license.

I have no experience with the linked provider further than that.

I see. So, I wouldn't be eligible for ticket support here, no?

I imagine you would have to obtain support through your third party provider for most things, yes.
Then they can request support from the ownership end of the license if it was beyond their knowledge.

Back