How to point subdomain to external domain host using CNAME?

clctech2019

Verified User
Good Day... I have subdomain "1.domain.com" and wanted to point to "domain2.com" using CNAME.
In Domain Host DNS configuration i added CNAME record.
1-domain2.com CNAME 3600 1.domain.com

and in Directadmin hosting side CNAME record is:
1.domain.com. CNAME TTL domain2.com.

when i visited the domain2.com
What i see is "Apache is functioning normally"

So you pointed 1-domain2.com to 1.domain.com and then 1.domain.com to domain2.com Why multiple cname records?

Did you add domain2.com properly or did you just DNS records for it?

So you pointed 1-domain2.com to 1.domain.com and then 1.domain.com to domain2.com Why multiple cname records?

Did you add domain2.com properly or did you just DNS records for it?
Yes I add domain name properly in Domain hosting... cpanel web hosting it is working but when i change to directadmin webhosting all i got is Apache is functioning normally...

you need to get domain2.com working before worrying cnames. Domain2.com is your end point.

Of course if you give us real information then you will get better answers. What good is a web site if nobody knows about it.

Neither one of those resolve to an ip address.

There are plenty of posts here to tell you how to do that. Here is one:

There are plenty of posts here to tell you how to do that. Here is one:

i'm Glad for your help floyd.. as you can see the same is appearing upon doing the dns record from the link guide .. actually i already done that procedure this is the outcome www.earn4memoney.ml " Apache is functioning normally " actually this is the problem that i have been solving...

Your domain earn4memoney.ml is not resolving. You can post the domain's DNS records here, if any.

i'm Glad for your help floyd.. as you can see the same is appearing upon doing the dns record from the link guide .. actually i already done that procedure this is the outcome www.earn4memoney.ml " Apache is functioning normally " actually this is the problem that i have been solving...

Nope. Still does not show "Apache is functioning normally"

Back