How to prevent custom SQL mode variables from being overwritten

jemesouviens

Verified User
Bonjour!

Can somebody please tell me how I can prevent server updates from overwriting my SQLmode variables each time the VPS is updated? This is very frustrating to me.

Thank you very much,
JMS

what you mean with "VPS update"? When you update Mysql/MariaDB - it will not modify you my.cnf file.

how do you install mysql ?

mysql should be install from custombuild, and do not install any package by OS package, should use custombuild to install

what you mean with "VPS update"? When you update Mysql/MariaDB - it will not modify you my.cnf file.
My client is using a custom SQLmode variable, and he has informed me that every time we update Directadmin, his variable is being overwritten, and he has to set it again?

My client is using a custom SQLmode variable, and he has informed me that every time we update Directadmin, his variable is being overwritten, and he has to set it again?
Yes, When you set by sql query string, It's reset to default value (my.cnf setting) when restart mysql

If you want permanently change, You should set in my.cnf, Also this way will be global change for all user.

Back