How to remove News on Dashboard

It's only for admin level, resellers/users don't see that :) And we're planning to offer a way to replace whole "News & Activity" block with any other widget.

And we're planning to offer a way to replace whole "News & Activity" block with any other widget.
As long as an admin has the ability to disable this.

I agree with bdacus01 that advertisement can be nice for some, but if not needed, it should be able to disable them completely.
To be fair, admins pay for licenses and it wouldn't be fair to put them op with mandatory advertisement.

and is quite rude to a paying customer.
Exactly.
It's good that I don't use Cloudlinux because otherwise I would have try and hack it out and this is already enough for me not to start using it in the future. I hate advertisement, so I pay to not have it. And Cloudlinux is not a panel so not really comparible.

I don't care of an admin pays monthly or lifetime, paid is paid. If they want to do it mandatory, they have to announce it so people either can buy kind of branding removing (so advertising removal) and not on existing licenses. I see it as rude and bad practice if something like that suddenly comes up mandatory, especially without any kind of notification.
Sorry smtalk, just my opinion.

Exactly.
It's good that I don't use Cloudlinux because otherwise I would have try and hack it out and this is already enough for me not to start using it in the future. I hate advertisement, so I pay to not have it. And Cloudlinux is not a panel so not really comparible.

I don't care of an admin pays monthly or lifetime, paid is paid. If they want to do it mandatory, they have to announce it so people either can buy kind of branding removing (so advertising removal) and not on existing licenses. I see it as rude and bad practice if something like that suddenly comes up mandatory, especially without any kind of notification.
Sorry smtalk, just my opinion.
Totally right, i understand DirectAdmin needs to make a profit and lifetimes are not sustainable but this moving the wrong way.

1. It is not an advertisement, it just mentions the new features available. In addition to this, admins see last message in the message system and 1 most frequently visited section.
2. On reseller/user levels they see last message in the message system, last login time + 2 most frequently visited menu items.
3. As I already mentioned, there will be ability to change this block to any other widget you want.

Are there any problems with this?

It is not an advertisement
Advertising is a marketing communication that employs an openly sponsored, non-personal message to promote or sell a product, service or idea.
It is marketing or advertising.
there will be ability to change this block to any other widget you want.
As long as it's can be permanently turned on to something else. The issue for me is it's too big and takes up too much valuable room. You also are Advertising to the wrong people. We already have DA. We already know about how great it is.

If you want to do something like this as News. I would suggest you do it very un obtrusively like in WHM
1619279562129.png

Are there any problems with this?
Partly.
1) I don't agree, pro pack is payware so it's still advertising, I'm with Brent on this.
3.) I agree with Brent on this too. Nice that it can be changed, but it looks too big to me too. Unless maybe if possible when they are place at the bottom of the page. I don't have the beta yet running.

1) I don't agree, pro pack is payware so it's still advertising, I'm with Brent on this.
These are random. You could see HTTP/2 as the feature, or new file manager. Anyway, I won't argue on this. If you'd like to see no changelog entries for new features there - it's clear :)

I get the hesitation for anything you already payed for to have any kind of 'advertising', but... if I could disable it or use my own content, I'd probably still keep the pro pack 'ad' as it could get me too more revenu from customers who have a server and have an admin account on it. But having the option to disable it for customers who don't want it, should still be possible.

If you'd like to see no changelog entries for new features there - it's clear :)
I only don't like advertisements. But changelog entries are fine. However, as stated in my other reply, the blocks are to big, so if they could be on the button of the page would already be an improvement.
And if possible a way of disabling this because lots of us here on the forum read here on the forum already about the new features. ;)
Or if possible adjustable to show resellers/customers own content.

Shortly said... In global it's not a bad idea, as long as it's not mandatory.

If you'd like to see no changelog entries
Again not against changelogs, random DA news post. Just not like this great big marketing widget that takes up tons of space.. A nice small button in the Help section would be nice.

Is this in a pre-release because I am not seeing it?

I agree, this is distracting to see Pro Pack all the time and the admin needs an option to disable it.

Back