How-to: restore cPanel backup in DirectAdmin

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
FAQ has "Unable to add user atelierdabajour_wp922. String 'atelierdabajour_wp922' is too long for user name (should be no longer than 16)" covered, repeating it here :)

To make sure your MySQL username/database name is fine, I'd suggest upgrading your MySQL/MariaDB on the server (https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2294), MySQL 5.7+ or MariaDB 10.x is recommended.

MariaDB 10.x supports usernames up to 80 chars, MySQL 5.7+ - 30.

M7Web

Verified User
FAQ has "Unable to add user atelierdabajour_wp922. String 'atelierdabajour_wp922' is too long for user name (should be no longer than 16)" covered, repeating it here :)

MariaDB 10.x supports usernames up to 80 chars, MySQL 5.7+ - 30.
Is there a problem with leaving a high character limit?

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
No, you can use long usernames with newer versions of MariaDB/MySQL :)

rotame

Verified User
Bug to deletion

Hi,

After restored , now I cant delete the user :

Cannot Execute Your Request
The username is invalid. Usernames must start with a-z, contain >= 3 characters and <= 10.

Please seems to be bug to account deletion

rotame

Verified User
Hi,

After restored , now I cant delete the user :

Cannot Execute Your Request
The username is invalid. Usernames must start with a-z, contain >= 3 characters and <= 10.

Please seems to be bug to account deletion

I changed to config file
After restored all ok but I couldnt delete
I made restart all server to read again conf file and worked charmed

Thanks a lot

aionets

Verified User
I faced this error, any ideas?

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/cpanel_to_da/cpanel_to_da.sh: 361: Syntax error: redirection unexpected (expecting word)

Cannot find any tar.gz after converting from /home/admin/converted_user_backup/cpmove-username.tar.gz
cpmove-username is not a valid username
I checked my username and its 10 characters. In addition I am using MariaDB 10.4.

My OS is FreeBSD (I am not sure if this makes a difference)

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
I faced this error, any ideas?

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/cpanel_to_da/cpanel_to_da.sh: 361: Syntax error: redirection unexpected (expecting word)

Cannot find any tar.gz after converting from /home/admin/converted_user_backup/cpmove-username.tar.gz
cpmove-username is not a valid username
I checked my username and its 10 characters. In addition I am using MariaDB 10.4.

My OS is FreeBSD (I am not sure if this makes a difference)
May you create a ticket with access to cpmove file?

aionets

Verified User
I have already created the ticket and not I am going to provide you with the server details.

JoeIsuzu

The hierarchy of my directories seems to have changed during the restore of my cpmove-USER.tar.gz in DA.

In cPanel, I had:
USER→PUBLIC_HTML
USER→ DB_CONFIG

In DA, I now have:
USER → DOMAINS → DOMAIN.COM → PUBLIC_HTML
USER → DB_CONFIG

This messes up many of my INCLUDE and REQUIRE statements. Is there any way to prevent this change during the restore?

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
The hierarchy of my directories seems to have changed during the restore of my cpmove-USER.tar.gz in DA.

In cPanel, I had:
USER→PUBLIC_HTML
USER→ DB_CONFIG

In DA, I now have:
USER → DOMAINS → DOMAIN.COM → PUBLIC_HTML
USER → DB_CONFIG

This messes up many of my INCLUDE and REQUIRE statements. Is there any way to prevent this change during the restore?
For "default" domain /home/user/public_html is a symlink to /home/user/domains/domain.com/public_html. If that's affecting your add-on domain, I'd suggest making it 'default' one to solve it.

JoeIsuzu

I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying to make my domain name the default domain for the user?