How to update ConfigServer Security & Firewall?

Tommyhara

Verified User
I am using old version of ConfigServer Security & Firewall, I want to update this? what commands to do to upgrade ConfigServer Security & Firewall?

Thanks

I am using old version of ConfigServer Security & Firewall, I want to update this? what commands to do to upgrade ConfigServer Security & Firewall?

CSF/LFD runs auto-updates. If auto-updates are not working, it might mean that you are missing required perl modules. Run the suggested by @ditto command to see what is missing and fix it.

CSF/LFD runs auto-updates. If auto-updates are not working, it might mean that you are missing required perl modules. Run the suggested by @ditto command to see what is missing and fix it.
I ran the command and got this result

csf -u
*WARNING* URLGET set to use LWP but perl module is not installed, fallback to using CURL/WGET
csf is already at the latest version: v14.01

what to do now?

Hello,
yum install perl-libwww-perl -y
Thanks I ran the command and it is installed.

but when I enter CSF then its telling me this warning

Firewall Status: Enabled and Running
WARNING: RESTRICT_SYSLOG is disabled. See SECURITY WARNING in Firewall Configuration

what to do now?

It's just a warning. If you look in csfs.conf at RESTRICT_SYSLOG you can see what it does.
If you want this notice gone, use either RESTRICT_SYSLOG=2 in csf.conf or use 3 but then you have to define a syslog group if I'm not mistaken.

To prevent another warning set this:
CC_SRC = "2"
it's originally set to 1 but wil complaint at a certain time if you don't have a license key for it.

It's just a warning. If you look in csfs.conf at RESTRICT_SYSLOG you can see what it does.
If you want this notice gone, use either RESTRICT_SYSLOG=2 in csf.conf or use 3 but then you have to define a syslog group if I'm not mistaken.

To prevent another warning set this:
CC_SRC = "2"
it's originally set to 1 but wil complaint at a certain time if you don't have a license key for it.
This should normaly work as a test on this was carried out. Can check and revert back

This should normaly work as a test on this was carried out. Can check and revert back
I don't know what you mean by "work as a test was carrier out". But this option is set to 1 by default and you will get error notices if you restart csf via console.

Back