Aar
Verified User
I have heard that OpenSSL is releasing an important update today.
Currently, I am still running the outdated OpenSSL 1.1.1 on one of my servers (which is about to be replaced in a few months), which will receive security updates for a few more years, unless you have a paid LTS subscription. I also use the older AlmaLinux 8. In the meantime, versions 3.6 and 4.0 have been released, which are supported.
I recently updated the server using dnf upgrade / update, but OpenSSL remains stuck on the outdated version series. What is the best course of action? So, update to 3.6 or 4.0. And how? Or will the unsupported OpenSSL 1.1.1 still be patched to be backward compatible by AlmaLinux OS Foundation / RHEL, and is a dnf update / upgrade sufficient?
Currently, I am still running the outdated OpenSSL 1.1.1 on one of my servers (which is about to be replaced in a few months), which will receive security updates for a few more years, unless you have a paid LTS subscription. I also use the older AlmaLinux 8. In the meantime, versions 3.6 and 4.0 have been released, which are supported.
I recently updated the server using dnf upgrade / update, but OpenSSL remains stuck on the outdated version series. What is the best course of action? So, update to 3.6 or 4.0. And how? Or will the unsupported OpenSSL 1.1.1 still be patched to be backward compatible by AlmaLinux OS Foundation / RHEL, and is a dnf update / upgrade sufficient?