HOW TO : Upgrade Apache 1.x or 2.x to 2.0.58

@how@

Verified User
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
964
Location
Kingdom of Bahrain
HOW TO : Upgrade Apache 1.x or 2.x to last version 2.0

****
DirectAdmin how to
****

Hello,
Changes with Apache 2.0.59
:)
from 2.x to 2.0.59
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/customapache
rm -fr build
wget http://files.directadmin.com/services/customapache/build
chmod 755 build
./build update
./build update_data_ap2
./build clean
./build apache_2
[COLOR=red]./build php_ap2 n[/COLOR]
./build mod_frontpage_ap2
./build mod_perl_ap2
./build zend
/sbin/service httpd restart

from 1.3.x to 2.0.59
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/customapache
rm -fr build
wget http://files.directadmin.com/services/customapache/build
chmod 755 build
./build update
./build update_data_ap2
[COLOR=red]./build convert[/COLOR] 
./build clean
./build apache_2
[COLOR=red]./build php_ap2 n[/COLOR] 
./build mod_frontpage_ap2
./build mod_perl_ap2
./build zend
/sbin/service httpd restart

Have a nice day;)

Wael
 
Last edited:

R.O.N.E.

Verified User
Joined
Feb 14, 2006
Messages
25
Location
Netherlands
When I upgrade I get the next message on everything I will do:
-bash: ./build: No such file or directory

When I look in customapache dir. there nothing downloaded.

can someone tell me what went wrong?
 

@how@

Verified User
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
964
Location
Kingdom of Bahrain
In side folder
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/
you show have folder
Code:
customapache
if not found make new one
Code:
mkdir customapache
then download
Code:
build
update form to :)



Wael
 

R.O.N.E.

Verified User
Joined
Feb 14, 2006
Messages
25
Location
Netherlands
This is the error that I get when I wan't get the build to download,


--17:40:18-- http://files.directadmin.com/servic...tomapache/build
=> `build'
Resolving files.directadmin.com... 199.237.54.170
Connecting to files.directadmin.com|199.237.54.170|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
17:40:18 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Does anyone has any idea?

Thanks...
 

@how@

Verified User
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
964
Location
Kingdom of Bahrain
R.O.N.E. said:
This is the error that I get when I wan't get the build to download,


--17:40:18-- http://files.directadmin.com/servic...tomapache/build
=> `build'
Resolving files.directadmin.com... 199.237.54.170
Connecting to files.directadmin.com|199.237.54.170|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
17:40:18 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Does anyone has any idea?

Thanks...



cd /usr/local/directadmin/customapache
rm -fr build
wget http://files.directadmin.com/services/customapache/build
chmod 755 build

.... etc
 

R.O.N.E.

Verified User
Joined
Feb 14, 2006
Messages
25
Location
Netherlands
something went pretty wrong I think....

After ./build php_ap2 y the process stopped and then I get the next message:

libphp4.la
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lltdl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libphp4.la] Error 1

*** The make has failed, do you want to try to make again? (y,n):


I can retry what I want but it will stay the same.

Completing the rest and wanting to restart httpd i am getting this:

Stopping httpd: [FAILED]
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 66 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so into server: /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[FAILED]


Please can some help me with this problem?
 

@how@

Verified User
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
964
Location
Kingdom of Bahrain
R.O.N.E. said:
something went pretty wrong I think....

After ./build php_ap2 y the process stopped and then I get the next message:

libphp4.la
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lltdl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libphp4.la] Error 1

*** The make has failed, do you want to try to make again? (y,n):


I can retry what I want but it will stay the same.

Completing the rest and wanting to restart httpd i am getting this:

Stopping httpd: [FAILED]
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 66 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so into server: /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[FAILED]


Please can some help me with this problem?

PM with server info to fix it:)
MSN only web4host@hotmail.com
 

@how@

Verified User
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
964
Location
Kingdom of Bahrain
R.O.N.E. said:
something went pretty wrong I think....

After ./build php_ap2 y the process stopped and then I get the next message:

libphp4.la
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lltdl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libphp4.la] Error 1

*** The make has failed, do you want to try to make again? (y,n):


I can retry what I want but it will stay the same.

Completing the rest and wanting to restart httpd i am getting this:

Stopping httpd: [FAILED]
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 66 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so into server: /usr/lib/apache/libphp4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[FAILED]


Please can some help me with this problem?


FIX DONE 100% :)
 

welch

Verified User
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
95
crspyjohn said:
My ssh connection is closing when i run the php update. can anyone help me?

Same thing here. I am also getting the error :
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lltdl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libphp4.la] Error 1


****FIXED****
 
Last edited:

The_cobra666

Verified User
Joined
Jan 6, 2006
Messages
105
Location
Belgium
I had that with php 5.1.3.

Then went back to 5.1.2 no problems or what so ever.

If ssh crashes, try this ==>

yum install screen

when done typ this in SSH ==>

screen

Then you are in a virtual "screen", if that crashes you will still have a usable ssh cause that virtual screen crashed not ssh ;) it's very handy :)
 

eddof13

New member
Joined
May 21, 2006
Messages
4
Hi, when running

./build php_ap2 y

It crashes and my server disconnects my ssh. What is causing this, and how can I fix it? Thanks!

It also said something like Mhash : invalid pointer when it crashed.
 

@how@

Verified User
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
964
Location
Kingdom of Bahrain
eddof13 said:
Hi, when running

./build php_ap2 y

It crashes and my server disconnects my ssh. What is causing this, and how can I fix it? Thanks!

It also said something like Mhash : invalid pointer when it crashed.

Code:
./build php_ap2 n
 

eddof13

New member
Joined
May 21, 2006
Messages
4
Hi, when using ./build php_ap2 n like you said in your last post, I get the following error:

Code:
Configuring SAPI modules
checking for AOLserver support... no
checking for Apache 1.x module support via DSO through APXS... no
checking for Apache 1.x module support... no
checking for mod_charset compatibility option... no
checking for Apache 2.0 filter-module support via DSO through APXS... no
checking for Apache 2.0 handler-module support via DSO through APXS... apxs:Error: Invalid query string `BINDIR'
apxs:Error: Invalid query string `MPM_NAME'
apxs:Error: Invalid query string `APU_BINDIR'
apxs:Error: Invalid query string `APR_BINDIR'
./configure: line 5674: /apr-config: No such file or directory
./configure: line 5675: /apu-config: No such file or directory
configure: error: You have enabled Apache 2 support while your server is Apache 1.3.  Please use the appropiate switch --with-apxs (without the 2)

*** There was an error while trying to configure php. Check the configure.php file

[root@hkg2r5c109 customapache]#

Sorry, I'm still learning how to do all of this.
 
Last edited:

explodehost.com

Verified User
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Messages
13
Location
Los Angeles.
I get the same error:

./configure: line 5674: /apr-config: No such file or directory
./configure: line 5675: /apu-config: No such file or directory
configure: error: You have enabled Apache 2 support while your server is Apache 1.3. Please use the appropiate switch --with-apxs (without the 2)

*** There was an error while trying to configure php. Check the configure.php file
 

@how@

Verified User
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
964
Location
Kingdom of Bahrain
eddof13 said:
Hi, when using ./build php_ap2 n like you said in your last post, I get the following error:

Code:
Configuring SAPI modules
checking for AOLserver support... no
checking for Apache 1.x module support via DSO through APXS... no
checking for Apache 1.x module support... no
checking for mod_charset compatibility option... no
checking for Apache 2.0 filter-module support via DSO through APXS... no
checking for Apache 2.0 handler-module support via DSO through APXS... apxs:Error: Invalid query string `BINDIR'
apxs:Error: Invalid query string `MPM_NAME'
apxs:Error: Invalid query string `APU_BINDIR'
apxs:Error: Invalid query string `APR_BINDIR'
./configure: line 5674: /apr-config: No such file or directory
./configure: line 5675: /apu-config: No such file or directory
configure: error: You have enabled Apache 2 support while your server is Apache 1.3.  Please use the appropiate switch --with-apxs (without the 2)

*** There was an error while trying to configure php. Check the configure.php file

[root@hkg2r5c109 customapache]#

Sorry, I'm still learning how to do all of this.

read this
You have enabled Apache 2 support while your server is Apache 1.3. Please use the appropiate switch --with-apxs (without the 2)

your server is Apache 1.3
 

@how@

Verified User
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
964
Location
Kingdom of Bahrain
eddof13 & explodehost.com you need to build with y
remove old php folder in
cd /usr/local/directadmin/customapache
then start build with y
./build php_ap2 y



Wael
 
Top