HTTP ERROR 500 on Phpmyadmin.

Dinesh

Verified User
Hello,

I'm getting HTTP ERROR 500 on Phpmyadmin.

The following log is found on apache error_log
~~~~~~~~~~~
[NOTICE] [3858841] [T0] [49.37.247.182:44013-H3:33CA3160F38A8A17-0#APVH_localhost:443] [STDERR] PHP Fatal error: Declaration of Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ServiceLocator::get(string $id) must be compatible with Psr\Container\ContainerInterface::get($id) in /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-5.2.0-all-languages/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ServiceLocator.php on line 41
~~~~~~~~~~~

Tried removing phpMyAdmin-5.2.0-all-languages directory and done ./build phpmyadmin

No luck.

# php -v
PHP 7.4.29 (cli) (built: May 16 2022 06:56:11) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader + ionCube24 v11.0.1, Copyright (c) 2002-2022, by ionCube Ltd.

Seen the same error on Github. But there they are talking about composer.
and various other places. Seems to have to do with PHP-PSR causing this.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I Saw the same and I tried to remove that by "yum remove php7.4-psr"
No package was found.

Is it possible to reinstall phpmyadmin in directadmin. custombuild returns with the same issue though. Any other suggestions?

Check if you have in fact installed the psr module (maybe via Custombuild or Pecl):

Code:
php -m |grep -i psr

Can you post the Custombuild error messages you receive when trying to re-install phpmyadmin?

Yes, It is there.
# php -m |grep -i psr
psr

How should I move forward with this?

But there is no error on custombuild though.
# ./build phpmyadmin
############################################################################################################################################### 100.0%
Adding AuthLog to /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-5.2.0-all-languages/config.inc.php
Adding PmaNoRelation_DisableWarning to /var/www/html/phpMyAdmin-5.2.0-all-languages/config.inc.php
phpMyAdmin 5.2.0-all-languages installation is done.
I tried the following but no luck.. still the same error:

./build php_psr

And

./build set_php psr no
./build rewrite_confs

Are you using the psr module? If not the easiest solution would be to recompile php without it.

If you do need the psr module, you'll have to file a bug report with phpmyadmin or composer I'm afraid.

As a temporary workaround, you can install phpmyadmin 4.9.10, which doesn't seem to use this function:

Code:
./build set phpmyadmin_ver 4
./build phpmyadmin

Last edited:
Are you using the psr module? If not the easiest solution would be to recompile php without it.

If you do need the psr module, you'll have to file a bug report with phpmyadmin or composer I'm afraid.

As a temporary workaround, you can install phpmyadmin 4.9.10, which doesn't seem to use this function:

Code:
./build set phpmyadmin_ver 4
./build phpmyadmin
The version change fixed the issue.
I will report to DA too just in case if I could get a solution.

Thank you so much.

We also have this issue, but not on all directadmin servers.
I noticed that all servers that have composer installed through custombuild have this issue, without composer don't.

Reverted phpmyadmin back to version 4, fixes the issue.
perhaps @smtalk has a update for custombuild? phpmyadmin 5.2.0 install.

Yep that's what I mentioned in #4 what they were talking about on Github too.
Maybe Composer is installing the PHP-PSR because it's not there by default.

Yep that's what I mentioned in #4 what they were talking about on Github too.
Yes. But the truth is I have no idea about the composer and what it does. Will surf for it.. Thanks :)

A few hours back our team has taken a blind action to see if that works. They have switched the PHPMyAdmin version to the older one 4.9 from the updated one 5.2 and surprisingly it made the job done for now. so we will keep on track until we receive an update from the DA end either in a forum post or ticket.

Ref. Support Ticket ID 40544

Composer is just a .phar file and is not installing any modules to php itself (with the configure.php81 files for example).

I have Composer installed and phpMyAdmin 5.2.0 works fine, no psr module though. So it seems to be a bug with the php psr module?

@Dinesh @mangelot @getindia.cloud Can't you guys revert back to the latest 5.1 version (with custom_versions.txt, latest 5.1 versions are on the mirrors) instead of going all the way back to version 4?

Composer is just a .phar file and is not installing any modules to php itself (with the configure.php81 files for example).

I have Composer installed and phpMyAdmin 5.2.0 works fine, no psr module though. So it seems to be a bug with the php psr module?

@Dinesh @mangelot @getindia.cloud Can't you guys revert back to the latest 5.1 version (with custom_versions.txt, latest 5.1 versions are on the mirrors) instead of going all the way back to version 4?
This is also possible of course, I recommended 4.9.10 because it's the latest version in its branch, but as there are no outstanding security issues in the latest 5.1 version as far as I can see, that would probably a better temporary fix.

CustomBuild has an option to install it:

Code:
./build php_psr

But I don't see it in php_extensions.conf? What version of the psr module is installed? The latest version is 1.2.0

I noticed that all servers that have composer installed through custombuild have this issue, without composer don't.
Do you also have the psr module?

Do you also have the psr module?

All servers with the phpmyadmin 5.2.0 issue, have phalcon an psr installed (verified with php-m)
The servers without Phalcon and psr are working with phpmyadmin 5.2.0 without any issues.

I also noticed that last night/today there was an update for phalcon 4.1.0 to 4.1.2 available in custombuild,
Phalcon update install isn't working and results with a “done” in custumbuild update shell, right after the "Trying to make psr-1.2.0 PHP extension" but the update is still pending as available after the update received this “done”.

All servers with the phpmyadmin 5.2.0 issue, have phalcon an psr installed (verified with php-m)
The servers without Phalcon and psr are working with phpmyadmin 5.2.0 without any issues.

I also noticed that last night/today there was an update for phalcon 4.1.0 to 4.1.2 available in custombuild,
Phalcon update install isn't working and results with a “done” in custumbuild update shell, right after the "Trying to make psr-1.2.0 PHP extension" but the update is still pending as available after the update received this “done”.
It seems that latest version of PSR does not support PHP 7.2 anymore. CustomBuild has been updated to build the extension for PHP 7.3 and 7.4 only. It seems to be working fine now.

Back