I face an error in mail login in roundcube when I try to migrate my server. Server Error: STATUS: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for mor

satankoh666

Verified User
Hi Experts

I receive an error when i login my roundcube web mail after I try to migrate my server to a new server.
The error is: Server Error: STATUS: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information.

Any experts knows what is causing this error?

To be honestly, I am not an expert with linux and directadmin, am trying to migrate a server using backup and restore.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Thanks.

Did you try to rebuild your roundcube ?
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build roundcube

Did you try to rebuild your roundcube ?
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build roundcube
Hi Active8

Ok, will try it out. Thanks a lot.

Hi Active8

Thanks for your help, unfortunately after trying the above, it didn't work. Sigh

Ron

Last edited:
I keeps getting this error when I login the roundcube, the error comes in red box at the bottom right of roundcube.
I wonder if this is cause because I am migrating from version 1.56.0 to 1.61.5.
The steps I did was:
1) Create backup on old DA without mail data
2) Restore backup on new DA without mail data
3) Transfer user name folder in imap from old DA to new DA server.

Login with email account and password are the same, however, when logged in, this error appear and no mail are in the inbox at all.

Any expects facing this issue before that can guide on how to solve this?

Thanks in advanced.
Ron

I got the same error

long solution rebuild virtual folder in etc

that solved it first time
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=66

simple solution that worked for me (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK)

I use the dovecot converter which is NOT designed for that but fix the issue as relink the mailboxes in virtual ... I fixed 2 times the same error after the first time (second time was today before I post here) Issue is very rare happens on one server only 3 times in a six month interval

./build todovecot

P.S In my case I moved entire accounts do not skip on anything

I still think you got to double check your user and permission in Imap folder cause if you migrate with root /rsync it can set owner user id as user of the folder and mails (which will be different on the new server even the username is the same)

Last edited:
I got the same error

I use the dovecot converter which is NOT designed for that but fix the issue as relink the mailboxes in virtual ... I fixed 2 times the same error after the first time (second time was today before I post here) Issue is very rare happens on one server only 3 times in a six month interval

./build todovecot

I still think you got to double check your user and permission in Imap folder cause if you migrate with root /rsync it can set owner user id as user of the folder and mails (which will be different on the new server even the username is the same)
Hi Daniel

Thanks for your suggestion. I will read it out and try if it works.

Thanks
Ron

I got the same error

./build todovecot

Hi Daniel

It works,

Seem like the issue is on the user name different as the old one is a pro plan and the new one is personal plan. I also change the permission for imap folder to 755.

I am able to login as normal without errors.

Thanks for everyone help.

Thanks
Ron

Back