I need someone to setup my server

fungames

I need someone to setup my server. I can install everything, but doing things like unlocking port 25/26,443,587, opening firewall ftp ports, setting up Nginx, wordpress module, lightspeed cache, setting up a hostname is all foreign to me.

All I know how to do is change my nameserver to ns1 and ns2 and everything should be working, but this is not the case with a VPS.

How much would I have to pay for someone to setup my server? I am using alma 9.1.

Regards,
Kyle

you can mark it as "solved"
No not yet as he still has the "New Member" status. Soon he will be able to edit posts (and prefixes).

For now... he has answered that he found somebody so thread will go down automatically in time.

I need someone to setup my server. I can install everything, but doing things like unlocking port 25/26,443,587, opening firewall ftp ports, setting up Nginx, wordpress module, lightspeed cache, setting up a hostname is all foreign to me.

All I know how to do is change my nameserver to ns1 and ns2 and everything should be working, but this is not the case with a VPS.

How much would I have to pay for someone to setup my server? I am using alma 9.1.

Regards,
Kyle
Hi @fungames!

Practically, today, you have all the documentation on the Internet. If your ISP blocks port 25, change it to 587.

Open Ports:

[root@srv01 ~]# nano /etc/csf/csf.conf

csf -r

What ports do I need to open in my firewall?

Only Nginx

cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set webserver nginx
./build update
./build set php1_mode php-fpm
./build set php2_mode php-fpm
./build set php3_mode php-fpm
./build set php4_mode php-fpm
./build all d
./build rewrite_confs

Nginx Reverse Proxy
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild ./build set webserver nginx_apache ./build update ./build set php1_mode php-fpm ./build set php2_mode php-fpm ./build set php3_mode php-fpm ./build set php4_mode php-fpm ./build nginx_apache ./build php n ./build rewrite_confs

vi /etc/nginx/nginx-includes.conf

# use any of the following two
real_ip_header CF-Connecting-IP;
#real_ip_header X-Forwarded-For;

netstat -tulpn

/etc/hosts

And etc...

I recommend that you learn about Linux CLI and look up a lot of information on the internet. Practically everything is there.

Last edited:
Practically, today, you have all the documentation on the Internet. If your ISP blocks port 25, change it to 587.
He already solved it 2 months ago als you could have read.
Also... what you write here is not as simple as that. Mailservers need to talk to each other on port 25. You can't just change that to 587.
If you want to run your own mailserver on port 587 from home, you can't mail directly anymore, you need a smarthost (one can often use the smtp of the ISP as smarthost too) or another external solution.

As for the rest... as said... he already solved it. ;)
But your info might be interesting for others.

Back