Imagemagick: Upload failed

patrickkasie

Verified User
On the same VPS where we had mailproblems last night, has just risen a new issue to my attention: imagemagick doesn't seem to work on a specific website and there's very little to be found about the issue, especially considering it's only on a specific website and not server wide. And I'm not familiar with Imagemagick in the slightest.

Without giving a lot of information, I hope it's more than enough for you to give suggestions on. I'm trying to upload an image to a CMS and it gives back the following error after trying to save the record:

Imagemagick: Upload failed: from: /tmp/Untitled.png to: /tmp/tmp0_Untitled.png

This has worked in the past, but again, I feel like having done the ./build rewrite_confs it stopped working. But only for the specific website of:
Images get shown there that are supposed to be uploaded in an admin environment, but it fails to process the file. It's supposed to check if the picture is 400x400, and if the picture isn't that size, it will make it into that size. Here's the interesting part though. When removing the 2nd picture in the first product, saving it, the page will indeed not show the picture. But when uploading the exact same picture back it works. But when I try to upload the exact same picture under a different name, it flat out gives the aforementioned error. Edit: both pictures are exactly 400x400 considering it's the exact same file, just under a different name. Adding the picture with the exact same name will still use the same picture as if it's just simply grabbing the post-processed picture.
This CMS does not have caching.

Last edited:
Update: Imagemagick appears to append double extensions to its files, for example .png.jpg. How I didn't notice this at first is beyond me. Again, not a whole lot to be found online, neither solutions nor about possible causes.

Dear forum,

Bump. That's all :p If there's nothing that anyone can think of, then where would be a place where I could try contacting?

Kind regards,

Patrick

Back