Improve WHMCS Module & LetsEncrypt Automatic renewal

DewlanceVPS

Verified User
Hello,

WHMCS Module issue:
Module shows success message even if directadmin server is down or not connecting with directadmin. For example I click on "Change Password" or any other command and it shows "Module Command Success" but it should show error that module is unable to connect to server or exact error message.

I suspended domain from WHMCS but in DirectAdmin domain status is normal(not suspended) and domain is accessible, Not showing suspension message.

(Update: WHMCS showing success message when WHMCS IP is not listed in "Allowed IPs" of login-key else it seems showing correct error.)

LetsEncrypt:
Most of domains does not renew SSL automatically even "automatically renew" is enabled. For some reason if domain is not renewing like user selected "mail" or other subdomain which is not available then directadmin should attempt it to renew SSL by excluding problamatic sub-domain name.

If domain example.com(ssl) is not renewing because of user selected "mail", "smtp" then directadmin should retry to renew it by excluding "mail, smtp" so main domain cannot affected by this type of mistake.

I am not exactly sure why SSL does not renew automatically, I only assume that it does not automatially renew because of some non-existing options are selected.

Suggetion: If user selected option to renew SSL for non-existing DNS records then DA can automatically create it before attempting to renew SSL?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Regarding WHMCS, that DirectAdmin module is encrypted by WHMCS and also developed by WHMCS, so you should contact them regarding this.

I never had any problems on our shared hosting servers regarding renewal of Let's Encrypt. I suggest you open a ticket with DirectAdmin support regarding that.

Regarding WHMCS, that DirectAdmin module is encrypted by WHMCS and also developed by WHMCS, so you should contact them regarding this.

I never had any problems on our shared hosting servers regarding renewal of Let's Encrypt. I suggest you open a ticket with DirectAdmin support regarding that.

Thank you for reply, I will open ticket with WHMCS.

But for LetEncrypt I think dev can add option to first check If DNS records are exist for selected options like "mail, smtp" or any other selected open and if not exist then create it and then add request for renewal or issuing SSL?

Back