incoming email route to another email server

tsimtung

Verified User
Hi,
I would like to make a email server system, that at least have two da servers:
First server receive all incoming emails, and enable spamassassin, after filtering then route it to the 2nd server, and then users access the emails from 2nd server.
This way, the first server can use a more powerful server, as it is treated as anti-spam mainly, and the second server is just for receiving and sending emails.
And if First server is too busy or network problem, then we add one or two server to work as first server, then it will be more secure to reduce emails lost.
eg, domainA.com
we set MX record to gw1.domainA.com
gw1.doaminA.com is the first server
mail.domainA.com is second server
gw1 can be set to two IP or three IP, then this mean have 2 or 3 servers worked as first server function, sth like load-balancing.

Do you know how to set these with DA servers?
I can set this with Qmail + DA server before, eg,
3 Qmail servers (work as front/frist server, anti-spam filter) , and 1 DA server (as second server, no anti-spam)

But I have set this with all DA servers. Pls help (I can pay if someone help me, thx)

We have a setup like this. Well, kind of. We have two servers that are the MX for all our domains. They don't run DA, but a standard Postfix setup. They do all the filtering/scanning, and then routes the email to whichever DA server the domain exists on. For now, this solution essentially removes the builtin DA spam filter functionality, since it doesn't allow end users to make any changes to how the MX mail filter works (i.e. thresholds and so on).

It's not exactly what you're looking for I guess, and I have no idea how you'd customise the Exim config on a DA server to route mail somewhere else, but I'm sure it's doable. You should consider how this will affect other things though, such as the end user control that I mentioned.

thank you for your reply.
my email system is similar with you.
But now , the old servers (qmail) cannot connect the new DA servers, some errors:
2022-04-06 15:20:21 TLS error on connection from su.11.hkii.net (su11.hkii.net) [58.64.198.11] (SSL_accept): NULL (TLSv1)
2022-04-06 15:27:10 TLS error on connection from su.11.hkii.net (su11.hkii.net) [58.64.198.11] (SSL_accept): NULL (TLSv1)
2022-04-06 15:30:51 TLS error on connection from su.11.hkii.net (su11.hkii.net) [58.64.198.11] (SSL_accept): NULL (TLSv1)

don't know why

I searched many times in internet, still no solution

My guess is that you have a really old TLS implementation on one of these endpoints, and the other end doesn't allow it.

do you know how to change the latest directadmin /etc/exim.conf to accept email connections from email server with old TLS?

I'd recommend updating your qmail setup instead, but if you can't do that, this thread might help:

Back