Incorrect symlink used with Let's Encrypt prevents e-mail autoconfig from being used

Protected

Verified User
Hi there. Currently DA sets up apache in such a way that .well-known is an alias to /var/www/html/.well-known . However, the .well-known path isn't only used for acme-challenge - it can also contain settings for automatically configuring an e-mail client like thunderbird. Those reside at .well-known/autoconfig/mail, and are domain-specific.

Can you please change DA so that in future releases .well-known isn't an alias, only .well-known/acme-challenge? Thanks.

You just need to change the configuration in directadmin.conf file, changing this:
letsencrypt=1
to
letsencrypt=2

And restart DA, this will let DA use a .well-know for each user/domain instead of the server-side symlink.

You may also consider to use autoconfig.domain.tld to keep things separated ;)

Best regards

Your solution did not work. The Alias is still there in the httpd config files and the xml is not accessible.

> You may also consider to use autoconfig.domain.tld to keep things separated

Where?

Ok maybe i forgot to tell you to rewrite the confs :D
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build rewrite_confs
Or manually remove the alias in the configuration and restart apache.

To make TB be able to configure the mail account it looks for .well-know just after have tried autoconfig.domain.tld/mail/SOMEXMLFILE (dont remember the right name).

For example, i've managed to create a subdomain on my company domain and a redirect for all customers domain for autoconfig to my domain, so TB can access the configuration for each domain just having it configured just once.

In order to do that, you need to createa autoconfig.yourhostingdomain.tld and some custom configuration in /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/ for the virtual_hosts

Best regards

Back