Installer removes DNS resolver and halts around the time of requesting the license

CanadaGuy

Verified User
I'm on my fourth attempt to install DA on CloudLinux this afternoon due to the fact that it seems the installer deletes the name server entries from resolve.conf, and can no longer reach the license or other DA servers. My most recent attempt I added google dns back in resolve.conf and restarted the install. It seems to be continuing.

Before this, I've done about 4 installs on CloudLinux and Debian ,and they've all run fine. Just wondering if it is at all related to the afternoon server issues.

I do chattr +i for resolv.conf for openstack instances with cloudinit. ( is not cloudlinux but a tip how to protect resolv.conf for being changed if you have the good one... ) ;)

Also wen rebooting such can happen if not protecting resolv.conf being overwritten.
That hostnamectll set is somewhere in manual / howto sorry know not where because i always check use that CENTOS

Last edited:
We had some reports like this, and it wasn't installation script doing this. Please try running:
Code:
hostnamectl set-hostname your.server.com

It might be the culprit :) https://unix.stackexchange.com/ques...l-set-hostname-messes-up-with-etc-resolv-conf

Ah, I think I have installed DA on other servers, but not this particular one. As the link suggests, it is due to interactions of NetworkManager with those files. I think I'll need to double check the NetworkManager config to make sure DNS is set properly for it, and not just using resolv.conf.

Back