Intermediate CA SSL on port 2222

gunemalli

Verified User
Hi guys,

I'm trying to install a SSL cert which i need to install a intermediate cert to the directadmin login port.

I have alredy setup the conf files correctly even with the "carootcert=" and enabled https redirect and redirects to the hostname of the cert.

but i'm still getting issuer_unknown error. How can i fix this? is there something like "cachaincert=" that we can use?

Thanks

Well unfortunately it doesn't work. I followed the instruction to the letter. I even tried switching the carootcert with the actual ca's root cert, their intermediate cert & their ca bundle, all to no vain.

I talked with the CA and they said, the cain is not being passed. so obviously there should be way to implement the ca's intermediate cert.

BTW, i know how i can install this type of cert to normal domain under the user section. But this is not the case. I'm talking about the back end, login section.

Last edited:
I don't know what a 'cain' is. I do know that I've had no problem installing intermediate certificates. If the intermediate cert doesn't work and you're doing everything else right you should be able to log in, but get an untrusted cert warning.

Since you didn't tell us your domain-name it's impossible for any of us to check.

So the ball is back in your court.

Note that we can fix the issue, but our charge would be more than buying a Certificate/Install combination from us. Ours work, and we know how to install them.

:)

Jeff

Sorry, it's "chain" certs.

As you said, i am able to log into system without any issues. The only prob is i get an issuer_unknown aka untrusted warning.

In the mean time, i was able to fix the issue. Here are the things that i did:

i got two ssl certs. a)hostname.simplispace.com & b)secure.simplispace.com

then i installed the cert a) as in http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=15
at this point i was able to get the ssl working but got an issuer unknown error.
afterwards, i installed the cert b) to the admin account and applied the ca root cert and intermediate cert from the user's ssl section.

Now everything's working fine.

btw, my domain is simplispace.com

Back