Ionos mails on direct admin

09hitchek

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help me. Me and my friend set up direct admin and used an IONOS domain which had been set up with 4 email addresses.
email@domain
sales@domain
kerrie@domain
repair@domain

I have since had no new mails come through on these mail accounts and I need them for business. I guess I need to migrate them over to direct admin?

I guess I need to migrate them over to direct admin?
If you use an external mailserver, you have to setup the external mailserver in Directadmin.
On the MX page, you have to deselect the option to "use this mailserver to handle mail" and then set the remote mailserver via MX and A records.

Thanks Richard is it just the MX records? On IONOS I have 4 entries relating to mail as CNAMES should these be added too? Also I only see two A names but these are related to a service called Mywebsite customer

you must adjust 2 record.

1. MX record, priority 10
Code:
customer-domain.com   ,  10 mx1.customer-domain.com.

2. CNAME Or A record. ( better use A record ) pointing to your directadmin server.
Code:
mx1 , domain or IP

in the end "mx1.customer-domain.com" must connect to your directadmin server.

you must adjust 2 record.

1. MX record, priority 10
Code:
customer-domain.com   ,  10 mx1.customer-domain.com.

2. CNAME Or A record. ( better use A record ) pointing to your directadmin server.
Code:
mx1 , domain or IP

in the end "mx1.customer-domain.com" must connect to your directadmin server.
Can I ask if we can jump on a call maybe and discuss this. Just want to ensure it is being done correctly. Is it do be done on direct admin or IONOS?

if you customize DNS via glue records inside domain registrar, you should do it in the same ways you do.

Back