Ip Blocking

lid3r

Verified User
Hi,
I have searched the forum but still found no concrete answer> hot to block an IP.
I have installed ipblocker pliugin, but can't find it in my admin screen.
I tryed manually create ip_blacklist file, but no success.

Please tell me, where is this ipblocker plugin in my admin, or how can i block the ip manually. Thank you

Attachments

• ?????? ?????? 2011-09-20 ? 9.06.20.jpg
    ?????? ?????? 2011-09-20 ? 9.06.20.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 952
  • ?????? ?????? 2011-09-20 ? 9.06.11.jpg
    ?????? ?????? 2011-09-20 ? 9.06.11.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 795
Ipblocker plugin? I dont think da is directly related to this.

If you mean brute force feature so go to brute force monitor, ip info (on the ip you wanna ban) and click on block ip.

If block ip button doesnt appear you didnt create the proper script in /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/

Regards

No, i have no button there. What script should i be using? Could you please help with that?

Da new version will be Add Block IP button to IP/User tables for faster blocking function.With the Brute Force Monitor, add the Block IP button (if block_ip.sh exists) right in the tables, so multiple IPs can be blocked at once. It will call the block_ip.sh once per IP.

I have DA installed on my Debian 6 server.
Added the ip block function/script and have the button "Block Ips" in my Brute force Monitor
The Ips that I block are in the list of blocked IPs but they aren'r really blocked.
Still having a lot of Brute force attacks from the blocked IP's
How to solve this?

Make sure, you've got iptables installed and correctly configured. What do you see if you run:

Code:
iptables-save

?

Back