IP problems

aushost

Verified User
Urgent help-IP problems

I had to re-IP a server, as transferring to a new carrier. Followed the DA instructions to convert to new server IP. No errors were noted. When gone into admin found that the old IPs where still in DA and cannot delete them. Also the new server IP was not in the "IP Manager". All the rest of the IPs were placed into the manager with the Old IPs still visible tried again to delete without success. Tried to re-install new server IP came up message that the old IPs were the server IP and that it would not be installed. Any solutions to this problem? Advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm assuming you followed the steps here:
http://www.directadmin.com/change_ip.txt

The ipswap.sh script should do a full ip swap.. so the old ips won't exist. You can't add the new IPs through DA, the ipswap would do it for you.

If you want to delete an IP that you know has no users, you'd need to set the users on it to 0 and make sure it's not assigned to a reseller.

go into /usr/local/directadmin/data/ips, and edit the files you are trying to get rid of. Set "value=0", "status=free" and "reseller=" (blank reseller). Then DA should let you remove the IPs. If you have a new server IP but it's not declared as such, then you need to edit it's file and set "status=server".

John

I have edited the current IPs to read what you said, but the server IP still does not come up in DA. Again tried from DA and received the message below:
Error with your request

Details
Unable to read ./data/admin/ips/69.44.102.5
Unable to read ./data/admin/ips/65.77.81.41

these are the old IPs and they do not appear in the /ips directory so they cannot be edited to delete. Do you have any further suggestions you help is appreciated.

If they are showing up in the IP manager but don't exist anywhere, then they're still in the /usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/ip.list file. Just remove them from that file.

John

Many thanks for your help I have now achieved getting the server online and all sites are visible. That was the major concern, but these old IPs are still hanging around in the IP config and Nameservers section. Can you please advise how to delete them from these two sections as it would be greatly appreciated.

If they're out of the admin section, they'd probably still be in Reseller ip.list files.

Just remove them from the /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/*/ip.list file.

Where * are all of your resellers and admins.

John

Back