IRC Network to chat and make friends

DigitalDev

Verified User
Hi community,

Me being an old skool programmer i have always loved IRC as my means of communication just because it uses /commands and i have built several IRC services over the years.

Since developing WPDA (WPDirectAdmin For WordPress) i wanted a place to meet and discuss, support, network etc so i fired up an IRC network for us all.

The network will auto connect you to #DirectAdmin the servers main channel but dont forget to /join #WPDA too!

For those of you new to the IRC world or born after the 80's you will need an IRC client to connect, or you may connect via the webClient.

Some popular clients are: mIRC, AdiIRC...

The servers irc address is irc.digitaldev.org.uk (irc://irc.digitaldev.org.uk) on port 6667 if you are connecting using your own IRC client.

We run X3 IRC services which allows users to register and protect there nicknames, you can also register and protect your own #Channels on the network if you have your own DA project let users /join #YourChannel

I havent spoken with DA about firing this up and i hope its ok i just think its another great platform to share and meet the community and maybe we can setup a webClient at da.com.

I think there was/is a somewhat established IRC channel on an existing IRC network already. I don't think it's very active though. In any case, using an existing IRC network would be greatly beneficial over a random person (no offense :)) setting up a single IRC server for the purpose.

I think there was/is a somewhat established IRC channel on an existing IRC network already. I don't think it's very active though. In any case, using an existing IRC network would be greatly beneficial over a random person (no offense :)) setting up a single IRC server for the purpose.
Yea totally agree

There is #directadmin at irc.libera.chat. This is the network nearly everyone moved to from freenode after it was taken over around a year ago. It's indeed not very active but it has 9 people in it right now.

Good to have this IRC channel. I still use it to contact my hosting provider in realtime.

Back