Is there any trash for file manager?

omid020

Hi
Is there any trash or temporary folder to keep my deleted files from file manager ?

No; the file manager does the same as the Unix/Linux/posix rm command. I don't know of any posix-compatible os that makes automatic backups.

Years ago I ran some DEC operating systems that automatically made multiple levels of backups, but I haven't seen that in a while.

Jeff

Im sure DA could code something in the file manager where you click delete and it does mv to a trash folder instead of rm. But also might be not worth it.

Files of the same name would overwrite when they got to the trash folder so there's no safety-net.

I run Linux desktops and when you move something to trash they tell you there's already a copy and ask you to overwrite.

But this results in a bit of operator overhead; whenever you see this you have to look at the currently saved file in trash and decide which is more important to keep.

Personally I'd rather not have it.

Others may disagree.

Jeff

i deleted content folder of my wordpress site by mistake there is any way to restore it except backup restore?

i deleted content folder of my wordpress site by mistake there is any way to restore it except backup restore?
vote here

It's now in DirectAdmin 1.61.0 RC1

See, https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2697

Back