just signed up to barracudacentral

LawsHosting

Verified User
How ironic, just signed up to barracudacentral, and the verification went straight to my Google Apps spam folder!

haha that's funny :D

I've a question.. i've just realized that i had an old registration to barracuda but i'm not actually sure i'm "using" it... i mean.. i'd registerd my servers ips there, but i need to change anything in exim.conf or it just check the request from server ip?

Also, does it goes via nameservers (/etc/resolv.conf) and so i've to use my own NS as DNS for each server or usee other is good enough? And in case, use others than mine will prevent barracuda to recognize me?

Sorry for all those questions but those just came up on my mind :D

Best regards and thanks

I've a question.. i've just realized that i had an old registration to barracuda but i'm not actually sure i'm "using" it... i mean.. i'd registerd my servers ips there, but i need to change anything in exim.conf or it just check the request from server ip?
I'd like to know this too, seeing as most of us are using http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1692 now (eg. helo's and sends are from individual hostnames/IP's now)

Another interesting thing is that I keep seeing around, that SpamAssassin is branded near enough useless these days. Thoughts?

I've noticed it can take a while to catch onto the newest trends in spamming, despite updating the rules nightly, and that some of its rules will get their scores changed and lead to lost mail when run on strict settings.

Regardless, I'd imagine SpamAssassin is still the best free filter out there. Those making claims that it is useless are likely trying to push a paid spam filter solution so it wouldn't surprise me that they'd try to downplay the free alternative.

Back