Let's Encrypt not renewing: i/o timeout certificate generation failed

Honestly, I'd just try adding the CAA record for LE and resubmit the request to see what happens. It couldn't hurt.
If I'm using CloudFlare DNS, how can I do that?

DA support ticket would be the best option there I guess (if you have support included with your license).
With the new licensing model, unfortunately, our license is no longer eligible for creating a new support ticket.

It's been two weeks and still, there's no resolution, and the certificates are expiring, definitely not a good experience with using DirectAdmin as our control panel. It's on a production server and no recent changes have been made.

On the other side, our Plesk and cPanel control panel works perfectly fine using Let's Encrypt.

Obviously its not really a DirectAdmin problem since thousands of others are using it for Let's Encrypt without any problems.

If your DNS was hosted on the DA server then we could help you. But you are using cloudflare so I don't know what to tell you since I don't use cloudflare. I have been using DA for 15 years. Did you do as smtalk suggested and fill out a ticket?

Oh and DA devs do not necessarily read the forum. That is why smtalk suggested the ticket.

Did you do do as smtalk suggested and fill out a ticket?
So it's true that DirectAdmin old licensee holder now kind of abandoned or unsupported unless they pay the subscription.
DA support ticket would be the best option there I guess (if you have support included with your license).
With the new licensing model, unfortunately, our license is no longer eligible for creating a new support ticket.

If I'm using CloudFlare DNS, how can I do that?

So you know you can update support on your licence in the portal?

It's been two weeks and still, there's no resolution
I know you are frustrated I get it. From what I can tell you are running an unsupported server all around. No really a DA issue.
So this forum is useless then?
Flattery won't get you anywhere.
Since no one from DA responded
You don't have DA support.... because you didn't purchase it.
even though only once a week
He didn't have to help at all.
So it's true that DirectAdmin old licensee holder now kind of abandoned or unsupported unless they pay the subscription.
Not abandoned. Not working for free. Because we need them to be around. You are choosing not to support them. Are you getting Cpanel and Plesk for free? Far from it.
license is no longer eligible
Because you did not re-up you support not DAs fault.
What if I install an updated bind manually?
You can it is your server... and it unsupported.

Now no one here is trying to pick a fight with you but not doing the right thing and blaming others won't help you.

IMHO You need to go put a plan together to make sure your Production system is supported. Ultimately it's your decision.

Last edited:
Back