LetsEncrypt 2.0 with 70+ dnsproviders, ready for testing

@jcolideles @MaXi32 @Navigator
I had exactly the same problem. Everything activated, but no DNS Provider option under SSL Certificates.
I analyzed build script and there is dnsprovider.json copying procedure for ./build lego, however ./build letsencrypt executes ./build lego procedure only if lego is not installed yet.
Try to execute

restart directadmin and check then.

I will test this, I actually use my own script to add DNS record externally since version 1.5 because directadmin external DNS was not working before and the feature was in testing mode (maybe it is fully working now). I will test this feature again and let you know if it is working..

@kam821

Ok, for those who are having trouble to find this feature here is the requirement to enable this:

1) Must use evolution skin
2) Must enable dns_ttl = 1 in directadmin.conf
3) When you enable dns_ttl =1, you will see a wildcard checkbox when you click request for certificate via letsencrypt
4) If you click on the checkbox, you will see provider.

It is also described here but I summarized the important part to use this option: https://docs.directadmin.com/webser...#lego-remote-dns-providers-with-let-s-encrypt

Screenshot for you:

provider.JPG

So, if u really need to use wildcard then you can enable this feature. For me, I don't like to use wildcard SSL (security concern), so I have to write custom script to put dns record externally using pre/post hook script. Maybe DA team need to enable this feature without using wildcard.

Last edited:
Hello
And yet I have a problem and no idea what is wrong
@kam821

Ok, for those who are having trouble to find this feature here is the requirement to enable this:

1) Must use evolution skin
done
2) Must enable dns_ttl = 1 in directadmin.conf
grep dns_ttl directadmin.conf
dns_ttl=1
3) When you enable dns_ttl =1, you will see a wildcard checkbox when you click request for certificate via letsencrypt
4) If you click on the checkbox, you will see provider.
I have no way to enter/select a dns provider :(

1636543718067.png

After clicking "Save" after a few minutes I have message: Certificate generation failed.

When I create the |DOMAIN|.dnsprovider file manually, it uses it, but I can't make any changes from the panel....

IT'S BACK!!! :)

What I did:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build letsencrypt
service directadmin restart
./build lego
service directadmin restart
and it started... I have a choice of dns provider

Last edited:
Found DNS provider configured: inherit-global
2020/09/25 23:10:04 unrecognized DNS provider: inherit-global
Certificate generation failed.

This is how my global conf looks like: I tried type=global and without type definition, both dont work.

dnsprovider=cloudns
CLOUDNS_AUTH_ID=***
CLOUDNS_AUTH_PASSWORD=***
default=inherit-global
type=global

oh and by the way I removed domain specific local file :)
I have exactly this problem, tried the creator way and admin way, but it doesnt use it.
However if i use the script (scripts/letsencrypt.sh it runs it without any issue).

Using pdns as dnsprovider, and thru the webinterface with Evo theme it shows the dns providers, and then i select inherit global: powerdns, and then i get the message like stated in the other users post.

Sorry for opening an very old post, however the issue is the same and i didnt saw any newer posts.

Back