LetsEncrypt DNS provider menu entry glitch

wdc

Verified User
When I have selected to setup new LetsEncrypt SSL in a Directadmin1.665 evo, I have ticked wildcard tickbox and selected Namesilo, here i have ended up entering my username (it asked ID?) into the input box that appeared, but the SSL setup failed (Invalid API Key (Permission denied)), then on next load of the SSL setup page with or without wildcard tickbox ticked and localhost DNS provider selected, I have found (in a mailbox) that new the DirectAdmin is still using non-local DNS provider:

Found DNS provider configured: namesilo
acme: error presenting token: namesilo: code: 110, details: Invalid API Key (Permission denied)
Failed to issue new certificate

named service is stopped on the server

I believe it wrongly used non-local DNS provider even when i had local selected. What helped was to tick wilcard, set back namesilo, submit empty id/key value, (reload page?), switch back to local.

I suspect that there may be some glitch and that the DNS provider should be switched to from local one only in case user submits required value (id/key) and it worked, otherwise, it should fall back to local DNS? Also if non-wildcard SSL is selected, it shown no DNS provider choice, so I assume it should not use non-local provider (I hope it works like that, if not, user should have DNS provider choice even without wildcard tickbox selected).

Last edited:
Back