License Expired!

mohs3n

Verified User
Hello

I have a service with a personal license and I can't get in.
Error:
License Has Expired.

# /usr/local/directadmin/directadmin v
Version: DirectAdmin v.1.63.3

Firewall: CSF

I have already tried /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getLicense.sh license-key and it didn't help.
Any ideas on how to fix it?

# tail -5 /var/log/directadmin/error.log
2022:03:06-20:09:47: The license has expired
2022:03:06-20:09:53: The license has expired
2022:03:06-20:09:57: License is not valid: The license has expired.<br>
The license has expired.<br>

Please update DirectAdmin on the server, this should solve it.

I already did but no luck.
After a few hours (almost 8) it's fixed automatically!!!
Was there an issue with the DirectAdmin licensing service?!

No, there were no issues with the licensing server.

My panel today:

License has expired​

Current Server Time: Mon Mar 7 12:57:05 2022

custombuild say:
./build versions
Latest version of DirectAdmin: 0 build 0
Installed version of DirectAdmin: 0 build 0

how update?

I have a rather old server (centos 5) and on March 7th, I got the license expired email (as usual), then I got another shortly after saying that the server was already in the grace period, then I was able to log into the admin panel but then I clicked on the licensing link but the page never loaded. Clicked on a few other pages which loaded ok. Then I clicked the licensing link again and got the License expired page and could no longer access the control panel. So essentially the last license failed, but no grace period happened.

I ssh'd into the server and ran the manual license update (insecure mode - due to old SSL) like I have been doing the last year or so. The new license downloaded successfully and installed itself to the /usr/local/directadmin/conf folder. I killed the DA server process and restarted, but I am still getting the license expired message if I try to login to the web admin panel.

The message in the DA error log is :
2022:03:08-14:34:43: License is not valid: The license has expired.<br>
The license has expired.<br>

I deleted the license and re-downloaded another copy of the license successfully, but still getting the expired message.
FWIW This is a Lifetime License purchased in 2010. I've made sure the the Directadmin process was killed before restarting, and I've rebooted the server.

Any idea what is happening? The license.key file looks legit in a text editor.

Thank you so much!
I'm surprised I didn't get an email about it from DA, but the end result is the same, time to upgrade.
I've already built another server, time for me to get off my lazy butt and get it online.

Back