License ID through the GUI

floyd

Verified User
It would be great to be able to enter the license id through the GUI. I sell VPSs with DirectAdmin preinstalled. I would to be able to simply give the client the id number when they sign up and the they could login and enter the id number when prompted instead of simply getting an error page. Right now I have to set it up myself.

It has "License Auto" button there, it should detect LID automatically and download correct license there. Did it have problems?

I have not seen that. I guess I am not keeping up with updates.

It has "License Auto" button there, it should detect LID automatically and download correct license there. Did it have problems?

Hi,

This can be executed by cli or custombuild??

Can be useful for work with VM templates.

Thanks

So when I deploy a VPS with DirectAdmin already installed Directadmin will not start because the LID does not match the ip. I didn't want the client to have to ssh in and manually set up the LID. How can I get DA to start without the LID?

So when I deploy a VPS with DirectAdmin already installed Directadmin will not start because the LID does not match the ip. I didn't want the client to have to ssh in and manually set up the LID. How can I get DA to start without the LID?
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getLicense.sh auto
That’s it.

But how can the client run the command without knowledge of command line?

@smtalk

Can be something like this? What do you think:

Bash:
[Unit]
After=syslog.target network.target
Description=DirectAdmin License reload.

[Service]
Type=oneshot
ExecStart=/bin/sh /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getLicense.sh auto

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

I didn't think of running a command on boot. Its afternoon here. I do much better in the early morning hours.

I put it in /etc/rc.d/rc.local and that seems to work good. I changed the template and built a VPS and DA started automatically. Now I have to figure out a way to set the password to the password the client chooses on signup.

Back