Life time license upgrade

@DirectAdmin Sales thank you.

I’m not 100% sure when my pro pack ends? I don’t think it says?

I guess if I don’t upgrade the license would become obsolete due to the new code base?

@Jayjayuk feel free to open a ticket so we can provide you better information, especially if you see a green check-mark for technical support/Pro-Pack without saying when it ends.

Depending on your needs, the legacy codebase may be usable for a very long time, and right now there is no pressure for you to upgrade the license.

May I assume the Legacy casebase will be maintained in both EL8 and EL9 environment (i.e. AlmaLinux 8 and AlmaLinux 9 environment) ?
i.e. it shall have a smooth transition in around Aug 2023.

@Jayjayuk feel free to open a ticket so we can provide you better information, especially if you see a green check-mark for technical support/Pro-Pack without saying when it ends.

Depending on your needs, the legacy codebase may be usable for a very long time, and right now there is no pressure for you to upgrade the license.

May I assume the Legacy casebase will be maintained in both EL8 and EL9 environment (i.e. AlmaLinux 8 and AlmaLinux 9 environment) ?
i.e. it shall have a smooth transition in around Aug 2023.

After Aug 2023, the Legacy codebase will continue to function & install on EL8/EL9 (or some fork like AlmaLinux) so nothing has changed in that aspect.

@hadaazul lifetime not dead, they will work as described - lifetime. But also they will not receive any new features like ProPack.
Also you can't buy it anymore. You can use only existing licenses.

@Zhenyapan so there is no way to use those propack functions in lifetime licenses, wow, and that was the reason why I saw directadmin as a good option, especially redis, it included it. no way
you must pay additionally for ProPack or use new license.

you must pay additionally for ProPack or use new license.
No that option for paying additionally via support extension is gone. It will stop after August 1st. You can't pay additionally anymore for Pro Pack on lifetime licenses.
At least according to this post after asking.
and this post:

So after august. You can order it now, but it's probably more expensive.

I asked this once somewhere, but the unified codebase is for all -current- licenses being sold, this is also the reason why the personal license is being removed in favor of the personal plus.
I'm pretty sure personal license is being removed for one reason only...greed.

I'm pretty sure personal license is being removed for one reason only...greed.
Please stop your nonsens and angryness in all those threads, we know you're not happy, no need spamming the forum. If you wanted to complaint you are 3 years late.

1. You may compare other alternatives, e.g. cPanel, Plesk, etc
2. I believe DirectAdmin also needs operation costs to continues its development/support/update.

Back