Load Balancing solutions using Directadmin

compibot

Verified User
Hello everyone,

This has been discussed lightly, and never found a solution for, and most threads that start talking about it are old.

I have a customer who is about to launch a heavy TV campaign. 20 seconds primetime TV, with a possiblity of 6 million user connection.

So, as you can understand, I need a loadbalancing solution. He currently has his site in a Directadmin server.

I am looking for REAL IMPLEMENTED SOLUTIONS to try, wether comercial or open solutions that I could use in conjunction with Directadmin.

Can anyone share their experience with me and suggest what to do?

Thanks!

Hello,

You might want to set up a caching Front-end (or even two) before directadmin server. And if it's needed MySQL Master-Slave servers.

Do you expect those 6 million hits within a short time frame? If so, then I'd (at least for the time the ad runs) us a subdomain just for the ad (for effevctiveness tracking purposes as well as for ease of hosting), and I'd host it on an expandable cloud made just for this sort of thing.

For example, the Rackspace Critical Sites Service (rackspace.com). Not cheap but neither are those 20-second television spots.

DirectAdmin is a great shared-hosting solution, but when it's obvious your client needs more than that, don't close your eyes to other solutions.

Jeff

Looks interesting. I'd love to know more about how it works. I'm going to send them a request for partner info.

Jeff

Since this thread is still open I hope it is better to use it than open a new thread...
I am setting up two server instances in the Oracle always free plan.
I want to use DirectAdmin with Cloudflare for CDN and Domain Proxy.
I just read that for $5 a month you can get load balancing on the free tier even.

So question as it relates to DA is this: Does anyone know if I am sole Admin and User (aka no clients other than myself and my employer...)

Will a Single Personal plus license with the 2 accounts and 20 domains be ok to do that?

New to load balancing and fairly new to DA but if i understand the process correctly - I will need to have two servers configured exactly the same which would require DA installed on both servers to properly load balance/failover is that correct?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/tips/help links etc!

New to load balancing and fairly new to DA but if i understand the process correctly - I will need to have two servers configured exactly the same which would require DA installed on both servers to properly load balance/failover is that correct?

DirectAdmin does not have tools for this. You will need either to share or keep in sync:

1. databases
2. user files (files of sites)
3. session data

For databases you would probably need a cluster built of at least 3 nodes

The above list is only for sites. DirectAdmin settings, emails, etc would need to be kept in sync too.

So my question would be: why do you need it at all?

Back