Logged in but nothing happens

boredtechie

Verified User
I formerly used CentOS, but now that it's defunct, I'm reinstalling. Looks like the install process is now faster as well.

When finished,I go to URL:2222 and login. Problem is, nothing happens.

/var/log/directadmin/login.log shows successful login by 'admin'

I can login as both root and admin using SSH.

It just doesn't do anything when I try to login, and I don't see any errors. Did a Google search but can't figure out what's happening. Do I have to wait longer to login (e.g. do more things need to install)?

Thoughts?

df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 2.4G 1.1M 2.4G 1% /run
/dev/sda2 240G 7.2G 221G 4% /
tmpfs 12G 0 12G 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 2.4G 4.0K 2.4G 1% /run/user/0

service directadmin status
Active: active (running) since Sat 2022-09-17 23:03:34 UTC; 2min 22s ago

cat /var/log/da*/login.log
2022:09:17-23:04:08: '[IP redacted]' successful login to 'admin'

The install now happens in the background, there is a message about the log to follow when it gives you back a prompt, you still need to wait for everything to install/compile. Check back on it in half an hour or so (if it's a slow machine say an hour).

At the end of the install screen it tells you the log file. If you want to watch it you can:

tail -F /path/to/logfile

If you closed the terminal, check the /var/log/directadmin directory.

You can also check the service status in the control panel as each one is installed and started.

you can use this commamd to run install script if you want foreground script.
Code:
DA_FOREGROUND_CUSTOMBUILD=1 ./setup.sh

We are reading lot of topics about people that are not certain of the setup is finished or not, why not reverting like it was ?

We are reading lot of topics about people that are not certain of the setup is finished or not, why not reverting like it was ?
It shows a message which is coloured that the installation is running in background and a message in the message system will be generated, when it finishes. Login should work immediately after this, so, the issue is most likely unrelated to the background installation method.

It shows a message which is coloured that the installation is running in background and a message in the message system will be generated, when it finishes. Login should work immediately after this, so, the issue is most likely unrelated to the background installation method.
My login did not work immediately after. I could SEE the login screen, and it did "login" in the logs when I used:2222, but the interface wasn't ready yet. So, it just took me back to the login screen. That took another 15-20 minutes to appears. To be fair, this was a VPS, but it's neither fast nor terribly slow. My setup is working, but I agree with Active8 that it's a little more confusing. It would be nice if the :2222 interface said wait another X minutes before retrying or if the colored SSH message said something about waiting.

Back