Logging into reseller created

zafar

Verified User
Hi, I just started using directadmin on my server and i need some help. I have one big site and a bunch of small ones so i made the small ones users and i can log into those fine. For my big site, i made that a reseller account. I can login to ssh and directadmin fine.. but when i try to log into ftp or phpMyAdmin for the reseller account, it always denies my password. Any help is appreciated.

Hello,

Mysql: Have you created a database yet? DA doesn't add any DB users until a database is created.

Ftp: The login/pass should be the same as for the DA login. However, if you change the DA password, the ftp password will not change, it has it's own password change page.

John

Hi,
Thanks. Now Mysql/PhpMyAdmin works fine. Now the only thing not working is FTP. I changed the password and then tried and it still didnt work and i also tried making an addiotional account and it wouldnt let me log into that either.

Hello,

Not too sure. Double check that the password is correct by setting the ftp password from the ftp screen. (You might have done that already).

Next thing to check is the IP you're using. You'll want to make sure it's matching up with the correct ftp password file in the /etc/proftpd.vhosts.conf file.

Also make sure that the ftp path it's pointing to actually exists :)

John

Hey,
After i did a full server restart, it started working again and now everything works flawlessy :). Thanks for the support.

Back