maildirsize quota not update

kke

Verified User
Hi,

Some of my user found this error on Roundcube
Code:
connection to storage server failed

I have read this but none of them is the cause

I login to DA and found that that user is use email space reach his quota limit (200MB)
then I set the quota to 500MB this should solve the problem, but NO, roundcube still show the same error
Code:
connection to storage server failed

Then I check on the server and found that the file "maildirsize" in the imap folder of that user contain the quota in the first line
but it not match the quota value setting in the DA (in DA just set quota to 500MB but in the maildirsize file still 209715200S = 200MB)
then it still error because email space still more than quota in the maildirsize file, but not exceed the value setting in DA

Then I manually change the quota value in maildirsize file to bigger value, now the error is gone

**So the problem is when I change email quota for any user from DA, the quota value in maildirsize file is not update.
Is this DA bug, or I need to set something on the server?

I try delete maildirsize file, and set the email quota from DA again, but no maildirsize file create.
and after login to roundcube, the dovecot create the maildirsize file with 0S quota, that mean dovecot not read quota setting from DA
then I think DA should set that when we set the quota value, but DA did not update or create the maildirsize file when setting the quota.

--
CentOS 6_64 with Latese DA and Dovecot version

After leaving for a few hour, the quota vaue in maildirsize file has update corresponding to quota set in DA
any trick to boost this up quickly, or make it set the value as soon as quota set?
because when quota is full, increase quota from DA will not solve the error immediately, but have to wait until the file update (when?) can not tell user the exact time to until he can use mail normally, wait 10 minutes, 1 hours, after midnight,... because I don't know how offen DA update that maildirsize file.

Last edited:
Back