Making a Auto configure plugin.

spacecabbie

Verified User
So as a aspiring coder I plan to setup a side project.

To create a plugin for direct admin to deploy autoconfig / autodiscovery (mozzila/Ms)

Before I start my steps on the yellow brick road, Couple of questions if I may.

1. Does any one have anything like this or similar that is willing to share code/files.
2. Is there documentation on best practices ? (aka you can eddit httpd.conf but we should use /custom/ dir)
3. Apart from these 2 is there any other auto mechanisms ?
4. Any general tips / suggestions etc.

Ps. for those excited about this bare with me as its not an easy task and might take me months to make.

Yup i am working on the base of those 2 actually still reading on iphone/andriod protocol but i have no iphone anymore so cannot test but andriod one seems to bugger up with the default samsung app.

Go any suggestions on the best practices ? I am going by zEitEr rainloop plugin but I was hoping for something like this: https://github.com/chamilo/chamilo-lms/wiki/Coding-conventions I love that since it tells me how to write :)

Hello,

By the way Thunderbird with autoconfig is rather simple. Office 365 was a challenge the last time I dived into the subject. We have some practices on the matter, never released it in public yet.

So if you have specific questions, please feel free to ask.

Hello,

By the way Thunderbird with autoconfig is rather simple. Office 365 was a challenge the last time I dived into the subject. We have some practices on the matter, never released it in public yet.

So if you have specific questions, please feel free to ask.
Actually I am having the reverse atm Thunderbird fails wel it works due to its own url search. Microsoft is spot on.
Although i am still working out how to limit ports. TB detects port 25 with and without tls but i want it to use 465 only. But still not to confident to mess about in exim.

So still a long way to go but it's fun project.

Back