MariaDB 10.x not compiling on FreeBSD 12.1

I can confirm this. I was not able to update to a recent MariaDB version without removing krb5. Sadly krb5 is required by PHP7... so I had to deinstall it, update MariaDB, then install it back.
Yeah, it's weird it looks to be related to those bug reports which they say is fixed. However, it still won't install easily.

As much as I hate it I gave up on FreeBSD for DA since they don't have a plan to support it. As an OS I was starting to really like it. Without real development to fix these types of issues and keep the installer smooth. It won't be viable in prod. I hope they change their mind but they don't have enough in license sales to support the dev.

FreeBSD has so many other Plus' compared to Linux I would prefer to use it, but sadly the user base and the dev teams are so small it is just not kept up well.

Last edited:
Compiling MariaDB from ports on another computer was fine (krb5 port installed as well of course).

Compiling MariaDB from ports on another computer was fine (krb5 port installed as well of course).
Does that some how make DA work? I know about the port system in FreeBSD but is that a option somehow? I thought we couldn’t use ports.

No, it's no help as DA does not use the ports. I said that to note that there is no issue with MariaDB on FreeBSD - there is an issue with the MariaDB install from DA on FreeBSD...

No, it's no help as DA does not use the ports. I said that to note that there is no issue with MariaDB on FreeBSD - there is an issue with the MariaDB install from DA on FreeBSD...
Ok yep. Sure is. I wanted to be sure.

Just curious, can you have user and group quotas with FreeBSD plus ZFS in DirectAdmin?

Ok I made a breakthrough on MariaDB 10.x
With krb5 installed you cannot build mariadb with the gssapi plugin because of a bug in the code.
I found a post on StackExchange tha said add "-DPLUGIN_AUTH_GSSAPI=NO"

Code:
touch /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/mysql/cmake.mysql
Code:
chmod 755 /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/mysql/cmake.mysql
3. Put this inside:

Code:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/mysql \
-DWITH_INNOBASE_STORAGE_ENGINE=1 \
-DWITH_FEDERATED_STORAGE_ENGINE=1 \