MariaDB is EOL - MariaDB version on the system is end of life, please upgrade

cristian

Verified User
Hello !

On an older server i have in custombuild plugin - notification - MariaDB is EOL - MariaDB version on the system is end of life, please upgrade - and no update button only more info.

my system info - MariaDB 5.5.41

Can someone please tell me if this is the correct action ?

cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set mariadb 10.0
./build set mysql_inst mariadb
./build set mysql_backup yes
./build update
./build mariadb

Thank you

if you search with some keyword. there have old thread.

if you search with some keyword. there have old thread.
I've already read that. I do the upgrade from MariaDB 5.5.41 and I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Is there anyone who can confirm that the procedure is ok?

Thank you

yes, you need to go through all versions,
from 5.5 to 10.0, than from 10.0 to 10.1, and so on.
Also better to make additional backup of all databases from Admin Backup/Transfer like this:
this will save all databases with all their users/passwords, so if something went wrong - you can just drop mysql server and install new, then restore databases from this backups.

Attachments

• 01-05-2021 20-38-13.jpg
    01-05-2021 20-38-13.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 24
yes, you need to go through all versions,
from 5.5 to 10.0, than from 10.0 to 10.1, and so on.
Also better to make additional backup of all databases from Admin Backup/Transfer like this:
this will save all databases with all their users/passwords, so if something went wrong - you can just drop mysql server and install new, then restore databases from this backups.

Thank you for your time and help

Anyone can help me ?

mysql is not starting ..

Version check failed. Got the following error when calling the 'mysql' command line client
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2 "No such file or directory")
FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed
/usr/bin/mysqlcheck: Got error: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2 "No such file or directory") when trying to connect
cp: '/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so' and '/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so' are the same file

do you have backup as I described? by da backup-transfer?
check TOP, try kill mysql if it here.
check /var/lib/mysql/ owner - it must be mysql.mysql

Yes .. i made 2 backup + the one that DA made.

I updated 4 servers from mariaDB 5 to 10 -> 10.01 ... to 10.04 with no problem everything worked perfect

but on the last one i had this problem

i also tried to reinstall mySQL then to restore but the install did not worked to reinstall .. i made link to mysk.sock but did not started

i contacted @smtalk (great guy) and used his support services because I was overwhelmed by the situation and customers were already sending tickets ..

unfortunately I don't know exactly what he did, maybe someone else needs information ... but he solved it fast

It is very strange that it worked perfectly on the other servers and they have the same configuration and software

maybe you have some customizations at my.cnf that was incompatible with new mariaDB versions.

directly /etc/my.cnf or path described inside this file. what exactly causes problems you can see in mysql error log.

Back