MariaDB Latest version 10.3.31/10.4.21 InnoDB Corruption Bug in FreeBSD

i cant help but saw in files this script via this link https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=563

so there is does do something with version if you change it or versions in da custombuild maybe don't know!!!

Maybe check if youre stuck

Thanks, I successfully restored using the "New Method" as described in that link. I am still unsure why it didn't compile, however I was able to use the previous build package which I had saved luckily (mariadb-10.3.28-freebsd12.2-x86_64.tar.gz). Its a shame there is no 10.3.30 version available anywhere for download DA should keep those files incase this type of thing happens.

Its a shame there is no 10.3.30 version available anywhere for download DA should keep those files incase this type of thing happens.
I think while "new method" and their are realy problems with some old versions being insecure. (also maybe some other DA settings or prog / scripts sometimes not supporting backwards .. )

But yup if you are in need then where..?

IN that .sh script however there are some variables for versions and OS http://files.directadmin.com/services/all/mariadb/get103.sh

Last edited:
I think while "new method" and their are realy problems with some old versions being insecure. (also maybe some other DA settings or prog / scripts sometimes not supporting backwards .. )

But yup if you are in need then where..?
And also disable custombuilds ability the update on FreeBSD systems for mariadb-10.3.21 and 10.4.21!! This bug killed my weekend :(

Thanks, I successfully restored using the "New Method" as described in that link. I am still unsure why it didn't compile, however I was able to use the previous build package which I had saved luckily (mariadb-10.3.28-freebsd12.2-x86_64.tar.gz). Its a shame there is no 10.3.30 version available anywhere for download DA should keep those files incase this type of thing happens.

Maybe you could still downgrade using this guide: help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=565&in1=mariadb&in2=10.3.28&in3=

and when you are sure that the newest version is fixed, you can delete the mariadb entry file from version.txt

Back