Memory leak issues with modsecurity + nginx

Strator

Verified User
Hi,

I've been having issues with modsecurity and nginx for at least half a year now. To my knowledge, there's a memory leak in modsecurity versions <3.0.10 causing this. The result is that nginx crashes appr. every 2 weeks and I need to restart it.

Unfortunately, I'm a bit at my wit's end here. I've set modsecurity to "on" in CB's "Edit Options" tab, but it doesn't say which version is installed.

Is my hunch currect that this is out of my control until the directadmin staff eventually puts an update on their servers?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Do you have SSH access? then you can check versions.txt in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild

Thanks - didn't think it would be that easy. :)

So it's version 3.0.4 on the server which is, indeed, the latest stable release. Unfortunately, I misread the bug fixing info, however: The issue wasn't fixed in 3.0.4 but in 3.0.10 which is still labeled as "experimental".

Are there any concerns installing 3.0.10 manually? I can handle the part about it being "experimental", but I'm a bit reluctant to slap an unsupported version on software that is supposed to be managed by custombuild. Is that asking for trouble, or will I be fine?

Back