Message System -- Mark all as read

donkeyKICK

Verified User
It would be nice if there was a button to mark as read, next to the delete. Currently I can select many messages, or all of them, and delete them. I want to be able to do the same thing, but instead of delete, I just want to mark them as read.

Thanks!

I think this is only enabled in the ticket system. It would be great having this feature in the messaging system as well.

I am not sure what I am supposed to do... I don't see those buttons in the message system, but I do see them in the ticket system. Is there some cutting and pasting I have to do? I have 0 knowledge about API.

Is there a way to mark them as read without doing it one at a time? I am referring to the message system, not ticket system (It is obvious in the ticket system).

Still waiting for an answer... I have over 700 messages in the message system, but I don't want to delete them all. Some I'll delete, but right now I'd like to mark all the messages as read.

Thanks... found this:

/usr/local/directadmin/data/admin/tickets.list

changed all the new=yes to new=no and all is good. It would be a good feature to have though...

Thanks for the help

John,

What are all the files in the /usr/local/directadmin/data/tickets/ directory and why aren't they being deleted when the tickets are deleted? I have files for every ticket that was ever created and eventhough I've deleted them, they are still in this directory (well over a thousand files).

It's a simple one-line command for making the changes John specified. There are quite a few people who don't know how to do it that way.

Jeff

Back