Messages not signed with DKIM if smarthost is used

japh

Hi all.

FP here, so be gentle if this was already addressed, but since I cannot find anything about it I believe it wasn't.

When configuring a smarthost as explained in https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=153 the DKIM mechanism stop signing the messages.

Is there any workaround for this ?

Regards,

Hello and welcome to DA and the Forum... Most of us are gentle...

Now I don't use 3rd party relay or smart host. I believe you need to get all of that dkim, spf and such from them and put their info in your domains DNS. Since DA is not sending the email it's just passing it off.

I found the above that sort of explains it.

Hello and welcome to DA and the Forum... Most of us are gentle...

Now I don't use 3rd party relay or smart host. I believe you need to get all of that dkim, spf and such from them and put their info in your domains DNS. Since DA is not sending the email it's just passing it off.

I found the above that sort of explains it.

Actually ... no: that would defeat the whole concept of a control panel: you must be able to get everything nicely packaged together : the message, the DKIM signature which includes the private part that must reside on the server that signs the message and the public part that goes into the DNS zone, all of which is user controlled ... and then feed the messages through a smarthost ( your own or 3rd party ) to filter out spam, for instance.
Managing DKIM keys externally to the control panel would be a true nightmare.

This is just a matter of where the smarthost config is located within the Exim processing logic.

smarthost config is located within Exim

these may help

And I'm gonna contradict myself: the file "exim.transports.pre.conf" missed the ".include_if_exists /etc/exim.dkim.conf" line, which I believe was removed during the customization.

My bad ! Let's see if this fixes it :)

Thanks smtalk !

Back