Migrating a user level domain to a reseller level account

jetgraphique

Before I had a reseller account, I started out with a user level account where I had 3 different domains hosted on it.

Now that I have a reseller account, I would like to migrate each of these domain to there separate reseller user account.

Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks!

Hi,

you need to create the new reseller user and than you can use this:

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/move_domain.sh
Move Domain to User - v. 0.3

Usage:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/move_domain.sh <domain> <olduser> <newuser>
you gave #0: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/move_domain.sh

Please keep in mind that the Database name and user will change so you may need to fix the website configuration for the DB connection.

Regards

moving from user list to reseller list

Because of less knowledge on these topics and being a reseller because I just built sites. I am not an experienced user with Directadmin, I could do the things which were usefull for me.
I have 16 names (sites) on the user level.
I have 6 names on the reseller level and many of them have been hacked today. They said to spread it more so that it won't happen again....

Now I want to move the user level names to the reseller list. But..
When I add a new user on the reseller list, fill in everything it says domain allready exists.
I heard I had to delete on the user level this domain first and then add it to the reseller list, but then I am afraid of losing all the data.

So how do i move 16 names from the user level to about 8 names on the reseller level. (Some of them have two or more sites on their name) without losing the site data?

Can anyone explain in somewhat normal english how I do that?

Gert

I'm sorry but what you sayd it's not that clear.

You want to move 16 domains to 8 resellers? Why? Would be even better have domains under different users but not reseller...

Please clarify it better.

Best regards

They said to spread it more so that it won't happen again....
Spreading does not prevent hacking. It seems you have a security issue. It's better to search for a cause and a solution.

Back