Mime Types

TheSecretSociet

Ok, so I have been looking at the demo version on the user control panel, because my host spinnahost is changing over to direct admin hopefully pretty soon.

I have come across a few things that im intrested in, it was in Cpanel but I didnt really take much notice of it!

Mime types!

Basically we ran a web game, which involved the participants emailing loads of information on challenges, alliances and all other stuff, roughly we have 80 or so emails of each player so theres about 16 players so thats a whole lot of emails!

We tried to upload them on a MSN Group, which all the game information was stored and profile pages were done, but it wouldnt allow us to open .eml file!

What i really am wondering is can i set the mime types up, so that i can store all these emails on the server, create a mime type text/plain = .eml and then if i create links to these files, will the emails open up in a new page in text format???

I ask because im not to technical on these things, and im just getting into running a website, with a control panel like that of cpanel!

If this doesnt work, is there another alternative or method that i can get this to work?

Thanks in advance,

Shaun:rolleyes:

Im not sure if the option is in the control panel (yet :p ) but it would be easy enough to do.

You could make a .htaccess file with the mime types else im sure spinnahosts would b ehappy to setup it up (which should be an easy job ;)

Chris

Hi again :) ,

I think what is in the demo is what you are looking for,

in first field type:

text/plain

in the second field type:

.eml

i think thats it :)

Chris

SH-Lloyd said:
Sure would but if it can be done via the control panel do it that way ;)

Of course ;) that comment was when i didnt realise the control panel had the option ;)

Chris

Back