Missing pubic_html

streamninja

Verified User
Hello,
Very new to apache and directadmin. Fresh install last night using centos 7. The fresh install did not come with the public_html directory. Seemed simple enough to create the folder, add index and carry on however when the folder is created I am not able to make any changes to it in directadmin UI. Permissions set to 777 to test and that wasnt it. I have found several forums online saying 100 different ways to add it and having to change it in apache/file/named/whatever yet none of the files ever exist. DNS seems to be sorted and working fine. When going to the html I get the "apache is working fine" message. Any tips would be helpful. Remember to speak in noobanese :)

Something went clearly wrong during installation. The public_html directory should be created automatically and should not be needed to add manually so there is definately something wrong.

There is a script which can be build to recreate complete home directory's.

But which public_html is missing, the one from admin or also others?
If you create a new user, does he have a public_html? This way we can check if the rest is working fine.

I only have a license for 1 user. The directory should be located for admin user but is not there. I assume it would be located in the same spot in root as cpanel was, but thats just an assumption.

Ah oke that's a personal license. No the locations are a little different as with cPanel.
In cP it was /home/user/public_html
In DA there should be a symlink at that location, but the real public_html should be here (adjusted it for admin):
/home/admin/domains/yourdomain.com/public_html
So you also should have these directory under /home/admin. Do you have them or are there more missing than only public_html?

Did you convert from cPanel to DA or did you just copy over things? Because things not always work correctly when using the cPanel import script with the personal license it seems.

I dont have much hosted so I just started fresh. Haven't moved anything.

In my file path /home/admin/domains I only have default, sharedip, and suspended, none of which have public_html

Oke it should also have your domain name there. No domain name means you can't do anything yet.

Login to Directadmin, go from admin level to user level, you should create your domain name there. Once you did, the public_html will appear.

Always the simplest things lol. Thanks man. That was easy. Should have the documentation here a little more detailed. I didn't even see that drop down.

No problem, you will encounter other nice things... When I was beginning I also missed some easy things. Part of the learning process.
Have fun!

Back