Miva Merchant Plugin

rldev,

What isn't under the non-disclosure is that the Partnership Fee is $495 per year. On their public pages.

Jeff,

The problem with just using the configuration is that we would lose the use of all those core components. Our previous build had them all built right in. I don't understand how but this reduced the memory requirement considerably. Sounds backwards doesn't it? Could the DA build have these items built in AND be loading them? Quite a leap but if at all possible it would explain the high overhead.

Anyways I think what I need to do is figure out how to modify the DA customapache configuration and rebuild with the minimal resource requirement. But I also see that it starts up with a bunch of runtime options... $OPTIONS. Where can I modify those options?

BigWil

Last edited:
Thanks Guys,
I am aware of the costs of Miva products as a hosting company. I was suggesting that a top 5 Miva host has enough clout to negotiate pricing rather then be dictated pricing.

I've been buying Miva licenses since Merchant 2.0 . I'm aware it is much cheaper to buy bundles of licenses, but they are still fairly expensive. Frankly I don't really like the product all that much, I just have 60 or so clients that use it.

I WISH! No that would be Top 5 in customer satisfaction, support and performance. Not quantity of licenses. Miva doesn't care how well we support their product or how great their licensees say our services are. As long as we pay our Partner Fee and buy licenses Miva is happy. Unfortunately it is strickly a monetary relationship. And since we are quality and not quantity .... no we have no negotiating action except for the fact that myself and my sales rep there are both Irish. So the best deals are negotiated at the pub. :)

FYI: Our Top 5 Miva Host ranking comes from the Miva licensees and community.

BigWil

Oh I see. Nothing wrong with a little Jameson, Guiness and some Darts at the pub!

BigWil,

You write "at the pub".

Are you in the San Diego area then?

If so I'd be happy to meet you at the pub some afternoon.

:)

Jeff

That was actually a couple of months ago. We recently relocated farther up North to get away from the highcosts and congestion of Southern California. But I am still down there 1-2 times a month so maybe on my next visit I will look you up and we can have a drink or ten.

;)

BigWil

Depending on how you come down, you may drive right past me.

I'm in Riverside, less than a mile from the University Ave exit of the 215 South.

While I'd prefer inland, I can meet anywhere in So. Cal.

Jeff

Back