modify monitoring app?

futurevision

Verified User
Hi,

I would like to receive an SMS in case when apache or some other service stopped running. There must be a background process already which checks this cause DA will create a message with "apache was down" or something. I want to modify the scripts that will be ran when this occurs. Can anyone maybe tell me which tool does this and where I can change the config (and how do i restart it after changing?).

The sms-script itself is a piece of cake, I made a nice php script which can run from command line to send an SMS via Voipbuster (=very cheap).

Or you can just send it via email to sms. Most cell phone companies have addresses you can send to that will then send it to your phone as a text message. For instance Verizon is your 10 digit phone number @vtext.com. A complete list of companies and address formats can be found on the web.

I want to modify the scripts that will be ran when this occurs.

Can't be done as DA is closed source. You can create your own script however which will be a lot easier than trying to hack DA's process.

Or you can just send it via email to sms. Most cell phone companies have addresses you can send to that will then send it to your phone as a text message.
This is definitely true in the U.S., and we use it to make sure we don't miss important support email.

However NOT true in many other countries.

Jeff

I didn't ask for email2sms or something since my provider doesnt offer this. I can easiliy use voipbuster for this (few cent per sms).

But there isnt any way I can break into the process so I can call a script? What other 3rd party tool can I use to make this happen then?

Back