Move Users

Would a broswer based solution for moving users around on a server be a good idea?

• Yes, It would be a great browser based solution.

Votes: 18 100.0%
  • No, It's not required and it shouldn't be initiated.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RadMan

Verified User
This would be a fantastic addition to DA if it were a browser based solution rather than an SSH solution...

http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19773

I've never created a poll and this is my first but I sure would like to see if other DA owners would appreciate a browser based solution for the features that smtalk created, besides myself.

One would think that that this would be a feature that would have been created in the admin panel right from the get go.. Unfortunately, It's not.. :(

Moving users around, as well as promoting users to resellers to admins, and back down would also be very nice (from within a browser).

Moving users around, as well as promoting users to resellers to admins, and back down would also be very nice (from within a browser).

Excellent idea... I like it... I wonder how many votes it will take before DA creators get on it.. :rolleyes:

They will be once we get just a bit more testing on them. I think there are a few things that still need to be address with them. Once they're solid, they'll be part of the interface.

John

They will be once we get just a bit more testing on them. I think there are a few things that still need to be address with them. Once they're solid, they'll be part of the interface.

John

Hi John.. I don't see this feature on the list for the October 24th update yet...

Are you still in the testing phase??..

If so, how long do you test before you include it into the software?

Ed

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DirectAdmin Support

John

Awesome.. :):):):):)

Thought I would bump this up considering that the posting was made over a month ago with no response from DA support.. :( ..

I really think this is an important enough browser based function that requires utmost urgency in implimenting..

The feature would most definitely convince me to purchase another license for my next server...

I'd have to agree. In fact, when I first started using DA, I searched a long time for the function, and was a little bit amazed it wasn't part if the interface. It seems like something that should have been included from the getgo.

John..

Getting tired of having to move sites around by downloading them, deleting them, and then having to upload them again in different re-seller accounts...

Can you come up with a more definite date when this feature is going to be implimented...

I really dread having to do it for an entire re-seller account..

I would really be pissed if I had to spend money on getting a job done only to find out that you release something a few days later.. :(

But then again, its been pretty near two and a half months since you last posted here and since it appears that your ignoring status requests it just may be that your not going to impliment this feature at all. If that be the case, let me/us know so I can hire somebody to impliment the feature.

John

Getting tired of having to move sites around by downloading them, deleting them, and then having to upload them again in different re-seller accounts...
This doesn't make sense since in your first post you said you could do it as a shell-based solution.

Jeff

Makes perfect sense if you are not familiar with the ins and outs shell solutions...

The need is for a browser based solution .

This doesn't make sense since in your first post you said you could do it as a shell-based solution.

Jeff

PS: Never did I say that I can do it using an SSH solution... I said there is one there but this software requires a browser based solution so many non SSH users (like myself) can make better use of it...

Ya need to borrow my bifocals 'ol boy???... ;)

If I knew how to do it with SSH I never would have created the poll.. :)

Thought maybe it would get these guys in gear but it don't seem to be working as I'm reading more and more postings on this forum from disgruntled customers... :(..

Last edited:
Yea, I was expecting it to happen when I read:

John

It has been a while...

also, nice poll... 100% should be a hint.

Hello,

Over the past few weeks I've actually been working on it.
Martynas made a good start on it, I added all the rest.
I just finished it, so if you'd like to try it out, it's right here:
http://files.directadmin.com/services/all/move_domain.sh

Once it's confirmed to work (I did test it out, but no two systems are ever alike) then I can throw in an interface for it within DA, hopefully for this release ;)

John

Thank you John :) This script was beta, but this thread is not for this script, but for move_user_to_reseller.sh script (which was almost finished) :)

Hello,

Once it's confirmed to work (I did test it out, but no two systems are ever alike) then I can throw in an interface for it within DA, hopefully for this release ;)

John

Thanks John...

How about adding some installation instructions so I can get this thing working in the admin panel...

Oops.. Never mind.. Shoulda read closer... If she ain't ready as a browser solution yet, I'm going to have to wait a little longer to try out this puppy.. ;)

Ed

Hello,

John

Back