Moving from colocation to cloud or vps - Recommendations?

Vibe

Verified User
Hi everyone (and Happy New Year),

I am a small hosting provider and am interested in migrating my colocated servers to a cloud (vps) environment. While having the complete control has been beneficial, the potential for cost savings is an big factor. I also like the potential to spin up new servers as needed. I am located in the US and am running FreeBSD with DirectAdmin. I have looked at Amazon EC2, Vultr, Digital Ocean as well as a local Data Center that offers vSphere (not cheap). If I were using Centos/Debian my options would be far greater - time to learn Linux I guess :).

Can anyone recommend or suggest a reputable cloud provider that works with FreeBSD? Does anyone have experience with Vultr or Digital Ocean?

I have read a lot of reviews (Vultr/Digital Ocean) which appear to be geared towards developers, so I'm not sure if these two are feasible. Amazon is also an option, but I'm not certain how to handle multiple SSL certs per server (need more research). My goal is to move completely into a cloud environment on a platform that is stable and fully DirectAdmin capable.

Any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

We will launch our cloud service very soon. It is possible to use DirectAdmin in our cloud environment. I will send you a message when ready.

Thanks Petertjuh360 - I look forward to learning more about your service.

Back