Multi IP's One user

Twintone

Verified User
How hard would this be to implement? Add the feature to DA where you can give one user account, multi IP's? So when they add a domain, it asks if they would like to use the shared IP, or a unique IP that has been assigned to their account. We have many customers that do SE placement, and like to have each domain on its own IP. I know you can make them a reseller account, and they can add a user for every domain, and then assign an IP that way, but that just seems like a lot of work. We just took on a new user that has 25 sites for SE placement, and wanted a unique IP for each. I told him I would have to make a reseller account for him, and he would have to add each domain with unique IP to its own user account.. he declined, and is looking for a different host.

No fun to lose potential customers.. =(

This seems like it wouldn't be difficult at all to implement, but maybe I am wrong.. would anyone else like to see this?

Why not assign him to a hosting plan that provisions him with an ip? He will just have 25 logins. :) The only cp that is going to do what he wants with one user account is Hsphere as far as I know.

rldev said:
Why not assign him to a hosting plan that provisions him with an ip? He will just have 25 logins. :) The only cp that is going to do what he wants with one user account is Hsphere as far as I know.

Well that is my point.. who wants to setup a login for every domain to be on its own IP? 25 logins is a bit silly. This just doesn't seem like something that would be very difficult to add..

I don't disagree. As I said Hsphere can do this if I recall corecctly. I know Ensim, Plesk , Helm and Cpanel can not do this. So it's not as if it will be easy for your client to find. Also many datacenters are being stingy with ip addresses and SE placement is not considered a justified reason to allocate them.

I don't see why this person would not want a reseller account. Wouldn't it make more sense for him if he has 25 sites? Wouldn't it be cheaper for him? Also you could set it all up for him so what would be the hassle to your client?

I guess you can send your request to DA, but I can't see many backing such a feature before other things like a user email panel are addressed.

We support H-Sphere :) .

But we certainly won't consider search engine placement as justification for an IP.

I don't think he'll be too successful finding a host that will give him what he wants at a price he's willing to pay.

But I could be wrong.

One thing I do know, Twintone, is that sometimes you do have to say no to potential clients. We've said no to potential clients who wanted a C-Class but couldn't justify it.

And we continue to grow, adding clients that do fit our business model.

Jeff

We've been supporting H-Sphere about two months, now, but not yet ready to advertise it.

As to how long my H-Sphere expert has been supporting H-Sphere? I'll ask him.

Jeff

John, my H-Sphere guy, has been an H-Sphere admin for approximately two years. he currently is administering several servers running 2.4.1 and is starting testing on 2.4.2.

Anything else on the subject should probably be taking privately, since this is a DA forum. Please contact me at my email address below in my sig.

Jeff

Back